Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I don't want to have to choose an OS each time I boot my PC. If I install Snow Leopard on one HD and have Windows 7 on another, can't I just choose manually on each boot which HD to boot from (while keeping one HD the default?) This way I boot into Mac/Windows automatically and if need be, I manually pull up the boot screen and choose the alternate OS.

For the record I have Win 7 on an SSD and plan on installing Snow Leopard on a 100gb partition on my internal storage HDD. I want Windows 7 as my default OS/HD and Snow Leopard as a secondary option. Would this create any problems and would these interfere with each other somehow? I can't see why they would, being on entirely different hard-drives, but I'm very new to this.

Hey I'm not sure 100% on how you want it setup but right now, I had Snow Leopard on a drive, and then I inserted another drive and installed windows. Now it automatically boots windows but at the bootloader screen, it shows snow leopard and like a 3 second progress bar, if i press any key, it will stop the progress and expand a screen where I can choose windows =D To get this I think you just have to install Snow Leopard first, but you may have better luck!

Good luck and I hope this helps!
-Kukag

Thanks for the help.

Basically, right now I have Windows 7 on an SSD. It boots extremely fast. I don't want to add anything to that (a bootloader screen or anything like that), I just want to keep it the same but simply use my MB's native boot-screen which I can pull up during boot whenever I want to choose MAC. It would be similar to booting off a USB drive, DVD drive, etc., but I'd be choosing the partition with MAC on it.

It seems like it should work on paper. I'll be using MAC OS X for very specific tasks and will still be using Windows 7 90% of the time. I don't want to tinker with Windows 7 or the boot process too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back