CPU
G620
Graphics
GTS 250
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard so I was able to get my hackintosh up and running using the userdsdt option (with the F9 DSDT file) and then installing the official realtek network kext and the alc8xxx kext and the applehda rollback kext.

I know that by running the OSX system updates it kills the sound until I rerun multibeast and reinstall the previously referenced files again.

My question is, is it possible to place the needed kext files in the /Extra/Extensions folder instead of /System/Library/Extensions and if I did this would they take priority during bootup over the "official" kexts in /System/Library/Extensions.

I'm just trying to figure out of there is a way to permanently fix the sound so it doesn't get knocked out by a system update.

My experience is you only need to re-install AppleHDARollback when updating. We used to keep more stuff in the Extra folder, but it was folded back into the main extensions folder for some reason. Keep in mind that when Rollback is installed, it replaces the AppleHDA file using the same name, so updates are going to install a new version, when available....and generally a newer version would be pointed to first.

I may try it just to see what would happen. I figure it's best to try stuff before I settle in and start using the system all the time.

If this hack works out well I'll be replacing my 1.83 GHZ Core 2 Duo Mac Mini (2006 model) with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back