CPU
i7-2720QM
Graphics
HD3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi All,

I have an i7 2720qm & AUO B156HW01 V.4 (and necessary cable) inbound that I plan on installing this weekend. From what I've gathered, I will need to reinstall/repatch the DSDT & SSDT. Here's how I figure it will go down, and would just like a confirmation:

Delete DSDT from /Extras folder
Reboot (to get native DSDT)
Run Probook Installer, selecting the appropriate options for the DSDT patch and EDID Generator
Shutdown
Perform the LCD & CPU upgrade
Boot up (HOPEFULLY!)
Run Probook Installer again selecting the SSDT generator
Fix Cache/Permissions
Reboot
Voila!

Am I correct in this procedure, or is there any better/easier way to do it?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I have an i7 2720qm & AUO B156HW01 V.4 (and necessary cable) inbound that I plan on installing this weekend. From what I've gathered, I will need to reinstall/repatch the DSDT & SSDT. Here's how I figure it will go down, and would just like a confirmation:

Delete DSDT from /Extras folder
Reboot (to get native DSDT)
Run Probook Installer, selecting the appropriate options for the DSDT patch and EDID Generator
Shutdown
Perform the LCD & CPU upgrade
Boot up (HOPEFULLY!)
Run Probook Installer again selecting the SSDT generator
Fix Cache/Permissions
Reboot
Voila!

Am I correct in this procedure, or is there any better/easier way to do it?

Thanks!

You may need to boot using the Unibeast USB after the CPU upgrade because the old SSDT may be invalid for your new CPU and cause panic. Instead, you could remove the SSDT, and turn on GenerateCStates/GeneratePStates in org.chameleon.boot.plist before shutting down. Then after the CPU upgrade, set GenerateC/PStates=No and regen SSDT via ProBook Installer.

You may need to boot using the Unibeast USB after the CPU upgrade because the old SSDT may be invalid for your new CPU and cause panic. Instead, you could remove the SSDT, and turn on GenerateCStates/GeneratePStates in org.chameleon.boot.plist before shutting down. Then after the CPU upgrade, set GenerateC/PStates=No and regen SSDT via ProBook Installer.

I was hoping "THE MAN" would be able to shed some light on this to avoid some aggravation! :thumbup:

This sounds like the way to go. Now I'm just hoping I don't break the damn thing getting it apart and back together again. We'll see this weekend if my cable decides to show up on time.

Thanks!

Well, the hardware installation went just fine, easier than expected. Hardest part was the stupid bezel and hinge covers.

I'm having problems booting OS X (Windows 8 boots and runs fine). Here's what I did:

Delete DSDT.aml from /Extra folder
Reboot to get native DSDT
Ran Probook Installer and selected the 4530s, high resolution screen, Atheros patch, and original fan patch
Deleted SSDT.aml from /Extra folder
Opened the chameleon plist with Chameleon wizard and selected the GenerateC/PStates options and saved
Shutdown and performed the upgrades

When I try to boot into OS X I get to the Apple screen and it just freezes. Once it did a kernel panic when I hit the power button to shutdown. I tried rebooting with the -f flag and I got the "loading" circle under the Apple but that's as far as it goes. I tried booting from the Unibeast thumbdrive as well with the same results.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed next?

As a side note, the processor is running great (except it hasn't Turboed to 3.3GHz yet which has me worried), temps look fine, tried a short encode with Handbrake which ran MUCH faster, and the screen looks awesome! Big upgrade from the old LCD!

Well, the hardware installation went just fine, easier than expected. Hardest part was the stupid bezel and hinge covers.

I'm having problems booting OS X (Windows 8 boots and runs fine). Here's what I did:

Delete DSDT.aml from /Extra folder
Reboot to get native DSDT
Ran Probook Installer and selected the 4530s, high resolution screen, Atheros patch, and original fan patch
Deleted SSDT.aml from /Extra folder
Opened the chameleon plist with Chameleon wizard and selected the GenerateC/PStates options and saved
Shutdown and performed the upgrades

When I try to boot into OS X I get to the Apple screen and it just freezes. Once it did a kernel panic when I hit the power button to shutdown. I tried rebooting with the -f flag and I got the "loading" circle under the Apple but that's as far as it goes. I tried booting from the Unibeast thumbdrive as well with the same results.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed next?

As a side note, the processor is running great (except it hasn't Turboed to 3.3GHz yet which has me worried), temps look fine, tried a short encode with Handbrake which ran MUCH faster, and the screen looks awesome! Big upgrade from the old LCD!

The problem is that your SSDT-1.aml is not active. The bootloader loads SSDTs in order starting at SSDT.AML, then SSDT-1.aml, then SSDT-2.aml, and so on. It stops at the first file that is not found. So, since you don't have SSDT.aml anymore, SSDT-1.aml is never loaded... thus graphics problem. Boot using your Unibeast USB and fix the situation by renaming SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml. Later, after adding SSDT.aml via ProBook Installer, add it back as SSDT-1.aml (for booting with DSDT=Null if you need to).

I am about to do CPU upgrade on 4330s from i3 to i5. But I have Clover bootloader. What steps should I follow only for a CPU replacement?

I am about to do CPU upgrade on 4330s from i3 to i5. But I have Clover bootloader. What steps should I follow only for a CPU replacement?

Depends on whether you're using a custom SSDT or letting Clover generate.

I have only copied the DSDT.aml (generated from PBI) to CLOVER's /patched directory.
I am using the stock 13" screen and don't use HDMI or VGA outputs.

Is it advisable to copy the SSDT.aml also there? I never did it and my notebook seems to be working just fine.

I have only copied the DSDT.aml (generated from PBI) to CLOVER's /patched directory.
I am using the stock 13" screen and don't use HDMI or VGA outputs.

Is it advisable to copy the SSDT.aml also there? I never did it and my notebook seems to be working just fine.

With the i3-2310m, you get better performance with the custom SSDT. That's why I asked... If you have no SSDT there, then you must be using Clover's "Generate", and since you are, there is nothing you need to do after upgrading the CPU.

Well I was finally able to get it back going again. I just got back on it today, been sick with the flu for the past week.

Thanks again for the help Rehabman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back