Contribute
Register

Quartz Extreme ENABLED Toshiba GMA4500 BUT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys need help .. as everyone knows many have been searching for the Intel HD gma4500 driver and nothing.. well i tried this method got it working almost perfect... except for when I open certain windows such as change desktop background.. I get some white graphics related lines :banghead: I followed it to the letter...

As quoted...
Intel HD Graphics Arrandale ??Hopefully many people here can test what I have done with my hackintosh to enable QE/CI for Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) ??I'm gonna keep it real simple.??1) Update to Combo or Regular 10.6.7 (Not the MBP Early 2011) ?2) Once you are on 10.6.7, go to your Extensions folder and delete all Graphics Kexts. Delete all Intel GMA 950 Kexts, Intel GMA X3100 kexts, Intel HD Graphics Kexts, ATI Graphics Kexts, NVidia Graphics Kexts, and GeForce Kexts.?3) After this repair kext cache and permissions??4) Configure your Chameleon Bootloader:?*Configure your bootloader to load Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 (mach_kernel)?*Configure your bootloader to load MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS?*Add GraphicsEnabler key in Boot.plist and set the string to YES.??5) Restart and make sure Chameleon loads up the new kernel. You should be able to get to the desktop. From here fix any USB, audio, ethernet, wifi problems, etc. ??6) Make sure to repair permissions and kext cache when your done fixing. Don't fix Intel HD Graphics yet.??7) Again Reboot and see if there are any other issues in Verbose mode. ??8) Once your hackintosh is configured and ready, its time to move on to the Intel HD Graphics.??9) Extract the Intel HD Graphics MBP 2011 ZIP file. We are only going to install 2 kexts.??10) Install AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver Bundle. Repair kext cache and permissions. ONLY INSTALL THESE TWO!??11) Reboot and you should now have a transparent menubar and QE/CI running. Remember there is no custom resolution at this time.??And thats it. Get the necessary files here:??Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 Download?Intel HD Graphics Kexts (Early MacBook Pro 2011) Download??If you need to install a bootloader or if you want to repair kext cache and permissions easily, I recommened using Tonymac's MultiBeast Installer. If you want to install kexts easily, use KextHelper or KextBeast. END Quote!!!

So my question is can someone figure whats going on and how I might remedy this.. o_O .

Thanks for your hard work .. i have a dell inspiron laptop 1545 that I can try it on ( it may take me a while to post my results so Im actually hoping someone else can test it before I do.. lol)

I do not in any way take credit for this.. I just found this posted on another board Good luck.. Actually it was the only way I could really see what an actual Mac setup looks like LOL..Transparency and all ... since my card is in no way compatible.. I guess the real problem is the Intel HD Frame buffer... This is what is missing .. But I cannot use it cause then I cannot boot at all... But I know this is the missing element...for perfect graphics.. oh well Just need to wait crossing my fingers.. apple will have pity on us GMA4500 users :cry:

I understand. Would you mind posting the original link here? What was the date it was posted? Other than your post I havent seen any 2012 posts for a working gma4500 kext . Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back