Contribute
Register

Quadro card with Ryzentosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell from 2012-14 ? I have quite new Asus B550-A motheboard.
Mixed this up with another person trying to help with a Quadro card, sorry.

Use the Apple “create media” terminal command, if you aren’t familiar google how to create a OSX bootable usb drive. Then mount the EFI partition on the same drive, multiple ways to do that, and copy the EFI folder over.
If you put the GT730 back in will it boot? It’s possible one of the kernel patches isn’t playing well with your Quadro card.

Misunderstanding, I know how create boot media. Problem is when I copy Edhawk or my own EFI folder into this USB stick EFI partition, I can see Install Big Sur option in OC picker and start the boot (but it crashes). But if I use your EFI folder, it gives only boot MacOS and Recovery option, not Install...

No, GT730 goes exactly as far as K4200 - PCI configuration begins with my own EFI, to date/timestamp with Edhawk one and to unknown (can't read last message) with yours.

Just for the hell of it, to test hardware, I ran some stress tests in Windows and compiled kernel in Linux. All OK.

Misunderstanding, I know how create boot media. Problem is when I copy Edhawk or my own EFI folder into this USB stick EFI partition, I can see Install Big Sur option in OC picker and start the boot (but it crashes). But if I use your EFI folder, it gives only boot MacOS and Recovery option, not Install...

No, GT730 goes exactly as far as K4200 - PCI configuration begins with my own EFI, to date/timestamp with Edhawk one and to unknown (can't read last message) with yours.

Just for the hell of it, to test hardware, I ran some stress tests in Windows and compiled kernel in Linux. All OK.
Okay, I understand now. As far as I know I didn’t have to do anything special. I’ll double check when I get home and see if I can see the Install option booting off a usb drive. Sometimes it’s the flash drive itself that’s an issue but who knows

You know what, I forgot I had left Misc/ Security/ Scan Policy in the config.plist at Default after I updated to OC 7.1. That is why you can't see the Install option, it was blocked. Try this version, it's now set to zero instead (show all drives) and worked for me.

Attachments

• EFIB550.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 55
Thanks, that worked. At least I could boot installer now.

Strange that same EFI still does not boot already installed MacOS.

Thanks, that worked. At least I could boot installer now.

Strange that same EFI still does not boot already installed MacOS.
Could be corrupted. If you are running Windows and do an update it can corrupt your OS install.
You don’t have windows and MacOS on the same drive do you?

I do. Same NVME drive. But I have not done any windows update and it went unaccessible from 1 reboot to another. And First Aid in Disk Utility (Recovery Mode) shows no errors.

I do. Same NVME drive. But I have not done any windows update and it went unaccessible from 1 reboot to another. And First Aid in Disk Utility (Recovery Mode) shows no errors.
Could be corrupted. If you are running Windows and do an update it can corrupt your OS install.
You don’t have windows and MacOS on the same drive do you?
Bet Windows borked your install regardless of what first aid says....two separate drives equal less problems whatever works for you

I would take Windows out of the equation entirely at least until you get macOS booting and working stably. If you add Windows later on, put it on a separate drive and set up OC to prevent problems that often happen in a dual boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back