Contribute
Register

Quadro card with Ryzentosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Well, at least it is different...

First, it did not boot very far - until something CPU and power... so I disabled some power management kexts you had there. Now it goes further but stops with line starting - crypto... something about file system ?
I cant read, keepsyms=1 also doesn't help.

Funny is that with your EFI I was able to boot into recovery with full resolution and now I'm able to boot also with my EFI to Recovery with full resolution. Previously I could go to recovery only with Whatevergreen.kext disabled and nv_disable=1, which yielded VGA resolution in Recovery.
You may have a Corrupted Drive. Go to recovery and select disk utility try repairing the drive in recovery mode.

A few other questions.

1. how many and where are your drives connected?

2. Which PCI slot is your card in?

3. is there another PCI slot being used?

I thought about corruption, but evaluated it unlikely as also trying to boot installation media gave same error.

But nevertheless I ran First Aid on both MacOS and MacOS - Data volume and utility said they are both OK.

I have 1 nvme boot drive in first m.2 slot (old Samsung 970EVO 512MB from 2018) and 4TB SATA data HDD.

GPU is in first PCI-e and there are no other PCI-e cards.

One thing about AMD systems as long as you are using a Ryzen CPU then configuration for different motherboards is all very similar. The biggest difference are in the chipsets but in my experience the B450 and B550 are the easiest to set up and get to boot. Stuff like graphics, networking and sound vary but everything you need is available to source here or on more specific AMD sites or GitHub (most postings here deal with intel based systems).

Last thought you can try adding npci=0x2000 to your boot arguments but then turn off this off in the bios
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
I’ve been able to take a drive from just about any of my AMD builds and swap it with another system. B550 boards do require the CPUR.aml but other than that they always boot no problem.
There has to be something in the BIOS, or other Hardware issue.

Maybe a fresh install using the 730?

I’ve been able to take a drive from just about any of my AMD builds and swap it with another system. B550 boards do require the CPUR.aml but other than that they always boot no problem.
There has to be something in the BIOS, or other Hardware issue.

Maybe a fresh install using the 730?
That’s what I was thinking, if he is worried about data loss maybe just try on a different drive.

But I can not even boot installation media. I will get stuck on same spot...

Based on your question regarding drives, I disconnected my SATA drives, but no difference.

I still come back to nvram issue - it is documented that it might not get cleared enough:
I tried nvram -c from Recovery terminal, but it did not clear even my boot order...

That’s not the issue
But I can not even boot installation media. I will get stuck on same spot...

Based on your question regarding drives, I disconnected my SATA drives, but no difference.

I still come back to nvram issue - it is documented that it might not get cleared enough:
I tried nvram -c from Recovery terminal, but it did not clear even my boot order...
I doubt the issue, never had that happen to me or read where it affected another user with an AMD board. Even with an inel board that is not a common problem. I know you have multiple posts but have you tried clearing the CMOS and reloading the bios values? I had an Asus X570 board I would have to do that to once in a while to get it back to booting properly.

Yes, many times. Incl. updating the BIOS.

Are you using OpenCore configuration?

No, all manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back