Contribute
Register

Quadro card with Ryzentosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
My own thinking is it is coming from nvram. Something is there what I'm not able to clear. Boot problem started when I tried EFI from post #14. It complained about missing Vault. After this trial I'm not able to boot my system anymore.

Boot your system with the revised EFI folder attached, again copy this EFI to a spare USB pen drive and boot from the pen drive not your macOS drive.

I have corrected the ScanPolicy, SecureBootMode and Vault errors that were present in the previous (post #14) EFI's config.plist.

Screenshot 2021-09-06 at 15.23.58.png

When you get to the OC boot screen use the CLEAR NVRAM tool. Then reboot your system if it doesn't do so automatically. Then when you boot from the USB pen drive again you should be able to boot in to macOS.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 50
No, it did not work. Same halt.

Why I expected that ? Because I had tried that already (as I confirmed on posts 31, 33 and 39 I made those same modifications myself already few days ago). Can we move on as it is getting bit embarrassing to me...

Troubleshooting/exclusion method:
- Not GPU fault as other GPU acts same way
- Not because of EFI as I have tried now 5 different EFI's
- Not hardware as it works under Windows and Linux
- I have updated BIOS and reset BIOS many times, checked the settings
- I have cleared NVRAM dozen times from OpenCore menu

But something is wrong as when using my own EFI's, it stops at PCI configuration begins and when npci=0x2000 helps others, it does not help me. Using Edhawk EFI's it stops where it should not, when I'm sure those EFI's work for Edhawk.

I myself do not have any other explanations that somethings in my nvram what should not be there and simple clear from OC does not clear it.

Why I expected that ? Because I had tried that already (as I confirmed on posts 31, 33 and 39 I made those same modifications myself already few days ago). Can we move on as it is getting bit embarrassing to me...

But something is wrong as when using my own EFI's, it stops at PCI configuration begins and when npci=0x2000 helps others, it does not help me. Using Edhawk EFI's it stops where it should not, when I'm sure those EFI's work for Edhawk.

I myself do not have any other explanations that somethings in my nvram what should not be there and simple clear from OC does not clear it.
Here is what I use for my B550 Rog Strix Gaming I, you will need to add serial numbers UUID etc if it works. Bet it is how the Intel® I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet was configured that was giving you grief, maybe not.

Attachments

• EFIB550.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 53

I know this was discussed already but these are my bios settings

• Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys
You will probably have to change your USB port mapping as we have different boards, fairly easily done with this chipset following this guide:

Thank you. Well, at least it is different...

First, it did not boot very far - until something CPU and power... so I disabled some power management kexts you had there. Now it goes further but stops with line starting - crypto... something about file system ?
I cant read, keepsyms=1 also doesn't help.

Funny is that with your EFI I was able to boot into recovery with full resolution and now I'm able to boot also with my EFI to Recovery with full resolution. Previously I could go to recovery only with Whatevergreen.kext disabled and nv_disable=1, which yielded VGA resolution in Recovery.

That USB guide is not meant for your AMD setup. You need to use the one linked to the OpenCore guide for AMD Ryzen systems - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/

The USB configuration guide I have linked splits after the first two pages, to separate the AMD and Intel USB guides. As they are usually very different.

That USB guide is not meant for your AMD setup. You need to use the one linked to the OpenCore guide for AMD Ryzen systems - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/

The USB configuration guide I have linked splits after the first two pages, to separate the AMD and Intel USB guides. As they are usually very different.
Sorry, my bad there. I did use the guide to define my USBPorts with my AMD System but only had to enable "XhciPortLimit" limit kernel quirk to see all ports. USBInjectall.kext doesn't play a roll on AMD systems, you are right. Then same as the guide I used Hackintool to choose which ports I wanted active. Super Easy.

First, it did not boot very far - until something CPU and power... so I disabled some power management kexts you had there. Now it goes further but stops with line starting - crypto... something about file system ?

Funny is that with your EFI I was able to boot into recovery with full resolution and now I'm able to boot also with my EFI to Recovery with full resolution. Previously I could go to recovery only with Whatevergreen.kext disabled and nv_disable=1, which yielded VGA resolution in Recovery.
So with my video card I need to use the boot argument agdpmod=ignore, that boot argument was included in the config.plist I uploaded in my EFI folder. Your video card doesn't need that boot argument and maybe the reason you are stalling out now, tough to say but this version has that removed. If it doesn't work I recommend double checking your bios settings again and make sure your secure boot keys are deleted. Our boards are almost identical with the exception of more pcie and usb options and of course the video card. Great boards, should be working for ya

Attachments

• EFIB550.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 51

One thing about AMD systems as long as you are using a Ryzen CPU then configuration for different motherboards is all very similar. The biggest difference are in the chipsets but in my experience the B450 and B550 are the easiest to set up and get to boot. Stuff like graphics, networking and sound vary but everything you need is available to source here or on more specific AMD sites or GitHub (most postings here deal with intel based systems).

Last thought you can try adding npci=0x2000 to your boot arguments but then turn off this off in the bios
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back