Contribute
Register

Quadro 1000M 2GB High Sierra artifacting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look in your ioreg, you'll see multiple 'GPURestartReport' nodes (these objects were active, then destroyed, while you were running IORegistryExplorer).

This probably indicates some sort of crash in the Nvidia drivers.

But...
Your kextcache output still proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

And your ioreg still shows CPU PM not implemented.
These are basic things you should fix first (including basic patches to DSDT, such as "OS Check Fix").

Note: No reason to drop MATS. You should use config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true instead.

Alright. I will get to fixing those. If by chance, do you know which kext it is the 1000M uses?

It's also possibly only cosmetic, but when I have a look at the VRAM size in About This Mac>System Report>Graphics, it shows 1GB when the GPU is actually 2GB. This was why I initially thought it could be a framebuffer issue (also because I was having a similar issue on my Lenovo B590 with HD 4000) - had to patch "AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext" to use 8mb.

Small update:

I've installed macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 and the graphics seems to be fully working properly. The About This Mac says it's a 1GB card but I believe that's only cosmetic. Looking through the OpenGL Extension Viewer app, it does detect that it's 2GB.

I'm also using the exact same config (no modifications made, just using an older version of macOS)

I wonder what's causing the artifacting in both Sierra and High Sierra.

Images below.

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 12.43.10.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 12.43.36.png

Small update:

I've installed macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 and the graphics seems to be fully working properly. The About This Mac says it's a 1GB card but I believe that's only cosmetic. Looking through the OpenGL Extension Viewer app, it does detect that it's 2GB.

I'm also using the exact same config (no modifications made, just using an older version of macOS)

I wonder what's causing the artifacting in both Sierra and High Sierra.

Images below.

View attachment 314040View attachment 314041

From the images you provide, it appears to be working.

From the images you provide, it appears to be working.

Indeed. Though, the images are from El Capitan. The issue still persists on High Sierra.

Also another small update, VRAM has been corrected in About This Mac and now have a patched DSDT with working battery and audio. Sleep is also working perfectly fine. The ThinkVantage button has been remapped to control fan speed. Even brightness works.

The only issue at the moment is the Quadro 1000M with High Sierra.

Any suggestions? Because I’m out of ideas.

Indeed. Though, the images are from El Capitan. The issue still persists on High Sierra.

Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario.

@Jameeble - I have the same laptop as you. I've pretty much just come to the conclusion that the 1000m and high sierra are a no-go. If you really need the nvidia card working you can roll back to 10.12. Otherwise, the hd3000 intel GPU works flawlessly with the correct SMBIOS.

BTW, I saw you mentioned that you have audio working via DSDT, and you remapped fan control to the thinkvantage button -- very cool idea! would you mind sharing your DSDT patches for those? I've been using VoodooHDA for audio because, well... it just works. I went down a rabbit hole a while back trying to get native audio working. Got as far as the system showing it as enabled, but no audio input or output, so I just rolled back to voodoo.

@Jameeble - I have the same laptop as you. I've pretty much just come to the conclusion that the 1000m and high sierra are a no-go. If you really need the nvidia card working you can roll back to 10.12. Otherwise, the hd3000 intel GPU works flawlessly with the correct SMBIOS.

BTW, I saw you mentioned that you have audio working via DSDT, and you remapped fan control to the thinkvantage button -- very cool idea! would you mind sharing your DSDT patches for those? I've been using VoodooHDA for audio because, well... it just works. I went down a rabbit hole a while back trying to get native audio working. Got as far as the system showing it as enabled, but no audio input or output, so I just rolled back to voodoo.

Unfortunately, I don't own this laptop anymore. However, if I can find the whole EFI pack (I know I have it somewhere), I'll reupload it for you.

I managed to find it. Just install Clover as normal, then drag the CLOVER folder to /EFI/EFI replacing the old CLOVER folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 268
I managed to find it. Just install Clover as normal, then drag the CLOVER folder to /EFI/EFI replacing the old CLOVER folder.

Note that because this EFI/Clover has patched ACPI files, no one can use it except you.
Each user must patch their own ACPI files.

as long as the .asl files are there, I can diff them against mine. Kind of a PITA reverse engineering it that way, but I'm sure I can find the DSDT edits I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back