Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I have SUCCESSFULLY got my HP Probook going thanks to Blueking Method. :clap:

So far everything is been working as it should be, sleep, audio, mic, camera, dvd, etc,etc.
But I have questions that I didn't see in the F&Q from the installation topic.

1-. How am I able to see is QE/CI is working or enable? I know in desktop you can go to dashboard and add something to it and if it shows the water effect you are good to go. Others say that chess will be another method of testing and so far i see the pieces moving smooth, but when I try to do the test in dashboard it doesn't show the water effect when adding an item to it. Is this normal? Also I have Macbook Pro 8,1 selected.

2.- I have the Probook 4530s i3, 4GB, 320GB HDD with the atheros wifi card that everybody recommends. I was very lucky to find it in a store for a good price. I have seen some people talking about the screen upgrade for this laptop, I guess will be best to upgraded to 1080p LED screen for a better picture, but is there a particular change i have to do in the OS to install this screen? Meaning, i know i have to reinstall the HP Probook installer an choose 1080p screen in one of the options, but do I need to do that before Install the screen or is ok installing the screen and reinstalling the software again with that option? Also is there any other cable i need to get in addition too if I get the 1080p screen? or I can use the same that comes with this machine and just simply change the LCD?

3.- Lastly, I wanted to end by saying this is the most complete, well formed, and I guess some how educational site I have ever been involved. There is a lot of people here that have been helping people since, testing and performing all crazy installations to have a successful working machine, and a lot of people ridiculously smart that have figure out the toughest challenges :clap: .

Keep it up and thank you all for this forum.

PD: a screen shoot of my "About this Mac" """"10.7.4 SUCCESS"""

Attachments

• Imac Version.png
    Imac Version.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Probook Installer Screen 1.png
    Probook Installer Screen 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 324
  • Probook Installer Screen 2.png
    Probook Installer Screen 2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 597
Look at your gray apple bar at the top. If it is translucent, means you got your QE/CI working. By looking at your screenshots, I can confirm you're good.

Regarding the display, I believe you need a small change on the DSDT. You should not have to reinstall anything. One of the old installers by BkRibbs (or whatever he calls himself now :p) had the patch applied to it.

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back