Contribute
Register

Q77 Chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update BIOS to version F2 Fixed definition of the processor. BIOS need to be set on the new. Removed all the "org.chameleon.But.plist" Processor started to define correctly usb, sound, network, dream work all

I don't understand you. What has changed with the new bios?

Had my Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H board fail on me a few weeks ago. (no display/post, no USB, but power light showed on). Got what I believe is a new one back from Gigabyte (had a different MAC address at least) and this one had the F2 BIOS.

New section for Windows 8, CSM, and Secure Boot. Had to fool around with the settings to get it to boot.

Recommend options for the new F2 bios:
Intel Virtualization Technology: enabled
VT-d: disabled (at least this causes OS X boot to hang with my setup)
OS Type: Windows 8
CSM: Never
Other PCI Dev ROM Priority: UEFI First (if you are booting legacy such as with Chimera, pick Legacy)
Secure Boot: Disabled
SATA: AHCI

My setup is booting UEFI with Clover, though I had to update to the latest version (v. 1136) to make it work with this F2 BIOS. I am also booting to a Fusion setup as well. All works well now.

hi guys,
I've installed the 10.8.5 on my ga-q77m-d2h. I need help to fix the audio. I've followed a lot of threads and all claim what I need is just the without dsdt->887->current (I'm using Multibeast 5.5.2). The problem is the audio is not working!

I'm still on F1 Bios, what about your? It is better to move to the new one?

ciao! :)

I did have some audio issues late last year but haven't had an issue with the Multibeast Audio install since then. Have you repaired perms and restarted a couple of times?

I did have some audio issues late last year but haven't had an issue with the Multibeast Audio install since then. Have you repaired perms and restarted a couple of times?

thank you for the answer. I've tried a lot of times before to realize the audio was not working in windows also.. an hard reset of the BIOS (battery remove) solved my problem... i don't know what happened but now all is working :)

Just to keep this thread up to date:
I'm now on F2 Bios
Virtualization tec: Enable
Vt-d: Disable
SATA: AHCI

I've Installed MultiBeast 5.5.2 on 10.8.5 option in the image :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 10.14.38.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 10.14.38.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 173
You don't need some of the items you have chosen for this board. In general you want get away with as few as possible to speed your system.

You should not need:
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
NullCPUPowerManagement - not needed on this board

You may need TRIM if you are running with a SSD.

Change ONE at a time to make sure you get a working system each time.

You don't need some of the items you have chosen for this board. In general you want get away with as few as possible to speed your system.

You should not need:
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
NullCPUPowerManagement - not needed on this board

You may need TRIM if you are running with a SSD.

Change ONE at a time to make sure you get a working system each time.

I've followed your tips.. my system is working... thank you so much... Im not using SSD now.. I'll enable it in future, at least I hope ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back