Contribute
Register

Purge Ram Error : CPSystem.c.208 . (memory issues) . (CS6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
GTX 780 6GB x2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone.

As many of you CS6 users know, Adobe modified the manner in which CS (After Effects -- specifically in my case) manages ram usage. For many of us, this is creating a subpar experience compared to what we were used to in CS5. I've been able to mitigate the issue somewhat at work (on a Mac Pro) by intermittently wiping OSX's inactive memory via the "purge" command in Terminal (usr/bin/purge). When I run the command at home on my hack, I get this error:

<CPSystem.c.208> Unable to find bootrom nub in IO registry

Anyone out there come across this before?. A quick google search brought up very few instances of this error being mentioned. The only instance of this that I could find had something to do with power management.

I'm running a GA-Z77X-UD5H w/ an i7-3770K, 32GB ram, various hard drives, gtx 570 (cuda drivers), 3rd party network and audio -- 10.8.2 with zero modifications outside of running multibeast w/ no options toggled except for the UserDSDT option.

Thanks in advance for any help!

*BUMP*

My error reads "[ERROR] <CPSystem.c:208> Unable to find bootrom nub in IO registry."
I just learned about the purge command and immediately encountered this error, hoping someone out there has an answer. :banghead:

Well... I never did solve this, but I found that some 3rd party RAM-purging apps work well enough. I've been using an app called Memory Clean which can be found in the app store. Apps like this are supposedly not a great idea in regard to system stability, but CS6 makes it a necessity.

Of course, use at your own risk.

I do not know what the error is. I looked it up on google out of curiosity and came here. However, purge command does the job. Open Activity monitor and click on System Memory tab and then purge the memory. It clears the inactive memory just as it is supposed to do. I believe that the error has something to do with the way we boot our hackintosh machines

"purge" still works though.

As you can see there is nothing about bootrom in our "ioreg". Maybe because we dont have the nvram or some chip... Did anyone test it with another bootloader (clover or smt?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back