Contribute
Register

Purchased SSD! Do I need to do anything special on install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get only 70mb\s writing speed and nearly 180mb\s reading speed, it disappoints me a lot, since even my HDD had better writing speeds. Should I tweak the system (I have customac mini 2011) in order to get better SSD perfromance? If yes, how?

pechenie said:
I get only 70mb\s writing speed and nearly 180mb\s reading speed, it disappoints me a lot, since even my HDD had better writing speeds. Should I tweak the system (I have customac mini 2011) in order to get better SSD perfromance? If yes, how?

Which SSD do you have and how did you test these speeds?

Hi,
Like most newbies, I don't understand the tech lingo, soooo I did a screen shot.
Just installed Lion onto a sandisk Extreme 240gb SSD. run it for about 2 mins. and then took the screen.

All I have noticed so far is heaps better start up times.. like from 65 mins down to 25 sec.

Attachments

• DiskSpeedTest.png
    DiskSpeedTest.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 104
Well, that's some very nice speeds you got there. Don't stare yourself blind on the write speed, as that benchmark uses incompressible data (i.e. the SandForce controller on your SSD can't compress it) so you're going about as fast as you can. :thumbup:

Macsure said:
Hi,
Like most newbies, I don't understand the tech lingo, soooo I did a screen shot.
Just installed Lion onto a sandisk Extreme 240gb SSD. run it for about 2 mins. and then took the screen.

All I have noticed so far is heaps better start up times.. like from 65 mins down to 25 sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back