Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
There are some different versions of Aptio memory fix efi drivers available in Clover: OsxAptioFix 1, 2 and 3 and AptioMemoryFix.

I understand that you need to use the one that works through trial and error, from right to left and the differences are explained in this post: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...anations/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-2570653

However, what I don't understand is the purpose of these drivers in the first place. I read that is 'fixes the memory allocation' on some UEFI based boards and some also fix native NVRAM. But what exactly is meant by this 'memory fix'? Is it a required driver for all UEFI boards, or do only some need it (and what for)?

@XanderW,

The purpose of any APTIO efi driver is to fix the memory regions reported by a PC's UEFI/BIOS so that they are compatible with MacOS. Depending up on the type of motherboard/chipset its very common for a PC/UEFI to report memory in regions that need to be reserved for MacOS.

The APTIO fix essentially tells the MacOS Bootloader what type of memory is where in the system, and which memory is reserved and/or out of bounds, it is also generally required to enable Native NVRAM on many systems.

Most systems will require some form of APTIO fix.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Thanks! I think I'm gonna switch from OsxAptioFix2 to AptioMemoryFix since it appears to be the recommended one. Let's see if I can get native NVRAM to work as a side bonus as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back