Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
ok, ive hackintoshed a few pcs and laptops, some with no problems others with many, i have no fear of this. im also not scared of building a computer etc. and therefore i decided to build from scratch using the G5 case to replace my ageing 2008 iMac which is getting slower these days (and im scared to upgrade anything in it other than ram so id rather sell it).

heres the parts that i ordered / already owned:

Empty G5 case
Lian Li V351 MicroATX Motherboard Tray
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Intel Socket 1155 Motherboard
500gb sata HDD for OSX
80gbb sata HDD for Win7 (purely for playing WoW)
Corsair Value Select 4GB Memory Module PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 DIMM 240pin
Intel Core i3 (2105) 3.1GHz Dual Core Processor with 3MB L3 Cache and 5.0GT/s Bus Speed

so heres my (n00b?) question:

i have an old HP Compaq dc5800 small form factor which has a nice small PSU inside, much thinner than a standard ATX psu and so would be ideal in the G5, but it appears only to be 240w (yes i said watt not volt) - is this not going to be enough, should i scrap this idea and buy a new PSU?

sorry in advance for appearing clueless, im not usually!

ps. this site and all the community here are fantastic, ive been lurking for months. i was tempted to put pictures up of my build but many many many others have already done so and i plan nothing new so its a case of 'seen it all before'.
keep up the good work :)

another question:
wen buying my sony optiarc dvd writer is there any point in choosing the one with lightscribe? is lightscribe supported in OSX?

thats good news, i thought i would have to put an atx psu into its case or a G5 psu case, at least now i can wait till i need one till it happens

thanks you

any responses for my optiarc question yet?
also, just found out that the lian li mobo micro-atx tray is out of stock but they have a full atx version is in stock, will it still be ok with the g5 case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back