Contribute
Register

PSA: Gigabyte F20B BIOS changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running F22d, never had any problems after bios updates.
I've tried to update several times, following the instructions on this site (exactly) and I keep getting "Cannot read..." The files are there but...

Since I duel boot, I just use gigabytes utility on windows 10 to update from the server. Once F21 is done I have to download the current bios files and use gigabytes windows 10 utility to flash it. Works everytime so far. I haven't tried the bios q flash method.

Since I duel boot, I just use gigabytes utility on windows 10 to update from the server. Once F21 is done I have to download the current bios files and use gigabytes windows 10 utility to flash it. Works everytime so far. I haven't tried the bios q flash method.
Thanks, sadly I do not duel boot. I used Q flash on a previous build, Z77 mb without problem. Wondering if anyone out there with my MB how has had success with BIOS updates (without dual boot systems).
Edit: gave up on the SkyLake build. Too many problems. Now on Coffee Lake, great, stable system.

Last edited:
Updated bios on msi z170a gaming m9 ack from 1.80 to 1.C0. Right after update I've checked hackintosh - worked fine. But on next day it was not able to detect nvidia gpu(maybe because I installed Pci sound card..not sure, but uninstall didn't help). Installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and GPU worked as before. Thx to the community!

Hi.
Recently upgraded my graphics card from internal to a gt 730. Got it working fine but noticed that I was almost at 400 boot options in my BIOS. I flashed to F20 and have had trouble since. I've tried all of the options mentioned here but am still just reaching the apple logo, pausing for 10 seconds then rebooting.

Upon trying the APIC and Kernal PM patch options I was presented with another boot option: Clover start boot.efi at El Capitan... Previously I had only the "UEFI OS" and HD option (only have one internal SSD).

I was hoping that someone here might know how I might get past this.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• number1.jpg
    number1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 198
  • number2.jpg
    number2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 181
Hi.
Recently upgraded my graphics card from internal to a gt 730. Got it working fine but noticed that I was almost at 400 boot options in my BIOS. I flashed to F20 and have had trouble since. I've tried all of the options mentioned here but am still just reaching the apple logo, pausing for 10 seconds then rebooting.

Upon trying the APIC and Kernal PM patch options I was presented with another boot option: Clover start boot.efi at El Capitan... Previously I had only the "UEFI OS" and HD option (only have one internal SSD).

I was hoping that someone here might know how I might get past this.
Thanks in advance.
Update to a more recent OS?

Had to go back to F6. Thanks to hugheba for this:
I was able to downgrade back to a BIOS version previous to F20.

I use the FTP Z170 Tool for DOS from https://www.mediafire.com/?p66jhts7cfi26y8

Then I...

1. Formatted a USB drive to DOS bootable with Rufus
2. Copied the contents of the zip above into the root of the USB drive overwriting the AUTOEXEC.bat
3. Downloaded the the BIOS I wanted to downgrade to from Gigabyte.us site
4. Move the BIOS binary to the root of the USB and rename it "bios.bin"
5. Boot the machine from the USB drive and it will automatically overwrite the BIOS to the desired version.
6. Ctrl-Alt-Delete once it says it's done

** Be sure to copy down the MAC address of your Intel NIC as it will be overwritten and you'll have to change it back once you're back up and running.
It was harrowing as it stalled at a flashing cursor and I had to shut down after about half an hour. Regardless, it worked so... back to 400+ boot options :/ Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back