i7 8700
Graphics
GT640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all
Just finishing my third hack from my old windows pc that had an ssd fail.
Basically it's a desktop with a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R mobo and I've got Yosemite running quite nice on it and just tidying things up right now.

Being my third hack I decided to go wholeheartedly the clover route.

One thing I can't seem to get working is my old ps2 keyboard which I'd really like to get working as it is very useful in windows and this is a multiboot system again.

I've tried various versions of Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller kext but am still getting no joy.

Any hints please?

Please no "get a usb keyboard" hints - I'm typing this on one but would like to get the ps2 one working on osx as well as windows so I don't have to swap back and forth.

Many thanks!

Hi all
Just finishing my third hack from my old windows pc that had an ssd fail.
Basically it's a desktop with a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R mobo and I've got Yosemite running quite nice on it and just tidying things up right now.

Being my third hack I decided to go wholeheartedly the clover route.

One thing I can't seem to get working is my old ps2 keyboard which I'd really like to get working as it is very useful in windows and this is a multiboot system again.

I've tried various versions of Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller kext but am still getting no joy.

Any hints please?

Please no "get a usb keyboard" hints - I'm typing this on one but would like to get the ps2 one working on osx as well as windows so I don't have to swap back and forth.

Many thanks!

Install debug VoodooPS2Controller.kext and look at logs in system.log.

Thanks for the reply!
I've done as you suggested and am checking logs in console (is that what you meant?) but nothing happens when I press a key on my ps2 keyboard.
It works fine through bios and clover but nothing from there in?

I'm using the debug of RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-0529

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply!
I've done as you suggested and am checking logs in console (is that what you meant?) but nothing happens when I press a key on my ps2 keyboard.
It works fine through bios and clover but nothing from there in?

I'm using the debug of RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-0529

Thanks.

Check logs for messages regarding startup of VoodooPS2Keyboard. Look at your ioreg to see if the driver is loading. Check your DSDT to see if you have a PS2 keyboard device.

If you need help in checking...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Post output of:
Code:
grep -y ps2 /var/log/system.log

Check logs for messages regarding startup of VoodooPS2Keyboard. Look at your ioreg to see if the driver is loading. Check your DSDT to see if you have a PS2 keyboard device.

Sorry - nothing

If you need help in checking...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attached

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attached

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attached

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Attached

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Post output of:
Code:
grep -y ps2 /var/log/system.log

Nothing???

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
  • craig’s iMac ioreg.zip
    455.9 KB · Views: 58
  • kextcache.zip
    1 KB · Views: 68
  • kextstat terminal.zip
    1 KB · Views: 76
Yeah, when I do a search on "VoodooPS2Keyboard" in console (with system.log selected) I get nothing at all.
With the search term missing there seems to be tons going on just nothing keyboard/ps2 related :(

I may be shooting in the dark here but looking at the kextcache output I noticed reference to

com.apple.kext.ATI6000Controller

which I think is related to my getting my amd HD6450 graphics working.

In case that helps at all?

Nothing???

Problem is your DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched. It has no PS2 code... The one in ACPI/origin does.

It is like the ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml is from a completely different computer.

The patched one was a dsdt download for my mobo (from here) which has worked well for everything else with minor tweaks.
The origin one was from hitting f4 during clover boot.
Can I just copy the relevant entry across via maciasl?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back