Contribute
Register

PS2 Keyboard not working after Extension migration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H55M-USB3
CPU
Intel i3 530
Graphics
Nvidia GT240 (1GB)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
As far as I know everything works except the PS2 keyboard. I have a Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 mobo, running 10.7.2 and used Multibeast 4.2 to migrate my extensions from extra/extensions to S/L/E. But now I am unable to use my PS2 keyboard which worked well previously.
Note: When I use PS2 to USB adaptor the keyboard works (with some issues) but when I connect it to PS2 port on the Mobo directly it stops working.

Has anyone face such problem or does anyone know what is the solution.

Thanks,
Arvind

apjha said:
As far as I know everything works except the PS2 keyboard. I have a Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 mobo, running 10.7.2 and used Multibeast 4.2 to migrate my extensions from extra/extensions to S/L/E. But now I am unable to use my PS2 keyboard which worked well previously.
Note: When I use PS2 to USB adaptor the keyboard works (with some issues) but when I connect it to PS2 port on the Mobo directly it stops working.

Has anyone face such problem or does anyone know what is the solution.

Thanks,
Arvind
Multibeast 4.2.1 is the newest Release. Use this version and install the PS2 Drivers again

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-24 um 16.02.16.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-24 um 16.02.16.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 952
I have already tried 4.2.1 and installed the PS2 keyboard kext which did not resolve the problem.
In the mean time this is what I have installed and tried:
1) Install ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext together
2) Remove everything and install ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
3) Remove everything and instal VoodooPs2 kext from older Multibeast.
4) All possible combination with these three files.

I am sure I am missing something here but am unable to figure out yet. Any other suggestion is welcome by the time I ponder other options.

Now it works but still has an issue.
This is what I did: I removed every kext and restarted the computer. Once restarted I installed the PS2 kext given in Multibeast 4.2.1.
But then after restarting the keyboard did not work in the login screen. I disconnected it and connected it back to the same PS2 port and it started working. After I entered my login once again the keyboard stops working and I have disconnect and reconnect it back again to make it work.
Just wondering what could be the problem here as it seems to recognise the keyboard only that it needs to be reconnected before and after login screen.

Any suggestions...?

i am and have been having the same exact issue with my build. when my system had SL 10.6.8 installed on it, i had found a way to have my ps2 keyboard always work by process of elimination just as you have tried. since my install of lion, i always have to unplug and replug the keyboard, despite what kexts i've installed or uninstalled. its a minor hiccup, but a solution would be amazing.

this is on a EP45T-UP3P mobo.

I am suspecting that the problem could be with the system recognising more than one kexts for the keyboard. That is why it starts recognising the PS2 keyboard once I disconnect and replug it. I am not sure though how I managed to have multiple kexts for the keyboard as I can see only one. It sure shows that the Kext for PS2 is getting loaded, just that it does not get activated automatically.

Ya, it would be great if we can make it work. I tried few things like booting without cash which made my system stuck in booting for more than an hour (it did not help).

I will try few more things before giving up and hope someone has some hint about what is happening in the system why it is acting weirdly.

Tried putting the PS2 keyboard kext in Extra/Extensions folder as it was before I used the migration tool. It does not help as the system still loads the extensions from the S/L/E folder.

Any other suggestion would be of great help.

I am still searching for a method to figure out how to find what gets triggered when I disconnect and reconnect the keyboard. Can anyone suggest any tool which would tell me what happens behind the scene when I disconnect and reconnect my keyboard after the login.

I am still searching for a method to figure out how to find what gets triggered when I disconnect and reconnect the keyboard. Can anyone suggest any tool which would tell me what happens behind the scene when I disconnect and reconnect my keyboard after the login.

SOLVED. I have GA-H55M-USB3 and had the same problem. Thanks to you I got up and running with the disconnect and reconnect procedure you describe above. However, this got very annoying so I started to look a little deeper.

To get the PS2 keyboard working you need the ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext installed. Then go into the Plugin subdirectory of ApplePS2Controller.kext (recommend you use the Terminal for this) and remove the Mouse and TrackPad plugins ApplePS2Mouse.kext and ApplePS2Trackpad.kext (I just renamed them by appending a new extension other than kext). Run your favourite kext utility to rebuild, then reboot. PS2 keyboard now just works as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back