Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys.I am about to make my first attempt to build my own system. I have ok skills, but nothing on expert level.

I am in need of upgrading my machine to handle all the heavy HD footage that I will be putting through the system. Mostly HD film, time-lapse footage in 4k and After Effects rendering. When it comes to photos, they often get up to 2GB file size when working with 40MP images.

So I have spent some time reading about what to go for, the Mac i am trying to simulate is the 2x2.4GHz Intel Xion that is on the market at the moment.

I would like if some of the more experienced builders in here can spot some components that either will not work or might give me unstableness / headache

Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 (rev. 1.0)

Intel Core i7 3930K / 3.2 GHz - LGA2011 Socket

EVGA GTX660TI SC 2 GB,PCI-E,2xDVI,HDMI,DP

Corsair Hydro Series H70 CORE High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 800W

Corsair Vengeance - RAM - 32 GB : 4 x 8 GB - DIMM 240-pin

OCZ Agility 4 Series solid state drive - 256 GB - SATA-600
(to run the system)

HDD/VelociRaptor/300GBSATA 6Gbps 10k 3.5 (scratch disk)2 x

WD Caviar Black WD2002FAEX - 2 TB - SATA-600 (for internal storage)

IO SATA II 300 + PATA Raid, PCIe 2xSATA II (int eller eSATA)+1 kanal PATA (UDMA6) (I have two Lacie HDD eSATA)

LyCOM PE-107 - FireWire adapter - PCI Express x1 (I have multiple FW400/800 drives)

ASUS DRW 24B5ST - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - 24x24x5x

I have not added Wifi or Bluetooth since I am am under the impression that the ones on the Mobo will work flawlessly.If you guys have any other successions, please share.

I have not added Wifi or Bluetooth since I am am under the impression that the ones on the Mobo will work flawlessly.If you guys have any other successions, please share.

The only thing I would sugest changing is the DVD-RW - change to a Sony Optiarc if you want to be sure that sleep works. It seems hit-or-miss which particular model of other brands works with oS X without breaking sleep.

As for WiFi or BT, didn't think that board had BT, and last I heard the PCIe WiFi board was incompatible.

I was planing on running osx 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, can anybody confirm that this system can run on ML?

can anybody running this Mobo tell me if the wifi/Bt works?

Runi,

I'm building a system almost the same. Keep us posted how it goes, yes? I had a few different components, but very, very similar, and for the same purpose. Good luck!

HD Video Work and 3D Rendering work requires an obscene amount of crunching power (GPU, CPU, and HDD/SDD) to get the best performance. I would spend some time and look at the link below and customize your machine to destroy the task you need (of course remaining within the hackintosh specs, as well as budget). Your system looks good, but do these programs now support the 660 Ti? I thought you had to edit some internal files with the GTX 6X0 cards in order for them to be used by the mercury playback engine? Generally, at lest with these benchmarks, people are using the higher end models ie: GTX 680, GTX 670, GTX 570, GTX 580. Its up to you, but I would double check the 660 Ti compatibility.

Premiere Pro CS 5 Hardware Benchmarks:
http://ppbm5.com/DB-PPBM5.php

I'm using this MSI GTX670 http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...6546-msi-gtx-670-power-edition-oc-review.html and no problem so far, great performance.
Works with official Nvidia drivers or with native OSX 10.8.2.
Yes, its more expensive than gtx660 but cheaper than gtx680 and gets almost equal performance, if you want a power machine this can be one option to consider.

Hi guys.
Yep, your right :)
While I was away from this post I followed a build that is alot like mine and there I found out that the 660Ti could be a bump in the road. So I have decided to go with the Gigabyte GTX670 card (OC version). I also am going for a bigger cooler for the CPU in case of Overclock in the future.

Have anybody experience with running 2 SSD drives in RAID 0 for boot volume? If thats waste of money or a big advantage. I don´t think I will include it in this build but might consider it in a future upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back