Contribute
Register

Proposed ProTools HD Sandy Bridge Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

can anybody PLEASE share a step by step install to get built-in audio working for jetway motherboard hackintosh?

we hav got SL installed and everything so far works fine except built-in audio.. have not tried protools and HD cards yet. waiting to solve built-in sound issues first.

voodooHDA. kext creates kernel panics.. and viaHDA. does nothing.

would appreciate some help.

Cheers

zongbean said:
can anybody PLEASE share a step by step install to get built-in audio working for jetway motherboard hackintosh?

we hav got SL installed and everything so far works fine except built-in audio.. have not tried protools and HD cards yet. waiting to solve built-in sound issues first.

voodooHDA. kext creates kernel panics.. and viaHDA. does nothing.

As I mentioned in the DUC, advice from those with experience is to spend $25 and get a USB dongle. I bought this one:

viewtopic.php?p=409380#p409380

And then you have your solution, and it actually sounds good (enough). And you can move on to more important things. :)

o19MediaGroup said:
Hey guys,
Heres the requirements...
3 PCI slots
A solid blend of future proofing/stability/performance.

Heres the proposition

GIGABYTE GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel H67
Intel Core i7-2600K (can be changed to something less hefty if mobo cant OC anyways
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 850w
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
EVGA GeForce GT 240 1GB

Grand total after shipping is a little under $1,000, but I can save a load buying a slower CPU, if I find that the mobo/cpu combination is useless. Do you guys foresee any issues?

Any advice or suggestions on different hardware would be SUPER appreciated. Thanks guys!

Keep the i7, you could save on the PSU instead a 500 W will be ok! ;)

has anyone built a system with either the NAF93 or GA-P75-D3?
I'd like to know what if any issues you had. about to put together a few new HD Hacs...
Thanks,
g\

Just completed a build with NAF93. Great mainboard. Installed 10.6.8 with 3770K, SSD Agility3, 16 GByte RAM (2x8Gbyte) and GT240:
PRO
- UEFI (not 3D) bios and no DSDT needed
- very fast boot, load bios and prompt for Chimera in 2-3 seconds;

PROBLEMS/TODO
- no DSDT but still using nullcpupowermanagement
- USB 3.0 not working at max speed,
- OS freezes when plug USB3 and if xHCI enabled, ok if set to smart auto or auto (however not at max speed)
- Internal audio not working! ALC662 recognized (see http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/40970-solved-guide-repair-sound-alc662-2.html#post263301) but no sound. Tryed also all versions of VooDoo driver but with no results.

No HD card tested ... have to wait next days for this test.
Stay tuned!

Some updates ...
HD cards (core + accel) are recognized, Protools starts but there is a strange issue, in playback is played only few seconds of the track, cursor continues walking through the track but always the same few seconds where played.
Disabled EIST, Turbo, C3 and C6 states ... always same behavior.
Any idea?
Is a build problem or a PT problem?

Some updates ...
HD cards (core + accel) are recognized, Protools starts but there is a strange issue, in playback is played only few seconds of the track, cursor continues walking through the track but always the same few seconds where played.
Disabled EIST, Turbo, C3 and C6 states ... always same behavior.
Any idea?
Is a build problem or a PT problem?

Change your slot order
g\

@mikonmac

Also note:

- no DSDT but still using nullcpupowermanagement
// You can create your own DSDT.aml and make patches and improvements. This board likely needs the MSR unlock bios patch in order to use without NCPUPM. This is a common issue with modern non-gigabyte boards and there is a thread dedicated to making patched bioses.

- USB 3.0 not working at max speed
- OS freezes when plug USB3 and if xHCI enabled, ok if set to smart auto or auto (however not at max speed)
// Dude, of course your USB 3.0 isn't working, you need to run 10.8.x for native USB 3.0

- Internal audio not working! ALC662 recognized (see http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/40970-solved-guide-repair-sound-alc662-2.html#post263301) but no sound. Tryed also all versions of VooDoo driver but with no results.
// This sounds awful fishy to me. VoodooHDA brute method is working with pretty much all HDA codecs. Double check BIOS settings. You may also need to patch DSDT with HDEF info to use non voodoo methods.

g\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back