Contribute
Register

Proposed mATX build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, on the basis of reading some poor reviews of the Asus, I decided to go with the H270M-DS3H/i5-7500 combo. In order to buy everything from the one supplier (Amazon UK), I've now got to wait a week or so for delivery, but I'm glad to have finally made a decision.

Again, thanks for the help.

Good choice. It's one of the few mATX boards with DP 1.2 onboard. You can connect it to a 4K monitor and get 4K @ 60Hz.

Yeah, that's why I went with that MB. I wanted to check whether the graphics were adequate for my needs before springing for the additional graphics card. If I can get away with just running the onboard graphics for a while, I'll be more than happy. I don't game much, don't do any significant video processing -- and never really play those graphics intensive games.

I'm just frustrated now because I've got to wait a week before Amazon gets my processor in. I could have gone with another supplier, but I've had good experiences returning stuff that doesn't work to Amazon. Not so much with most other component suppliers I've dealt with, who tend to want you to rely on the manufacturers guarantee when something doesn't work out of the box.

It's still very gratifying to have pulled the trigger though. The whole business of choosing components is what's put me off doing this for as long as I have. I'm looking forward to finally getting on with the whole business of building/trying to make the thing run.

Hi BuntyMac,

I'm considering the same build H270-DS3H i5/7500 but with Intel HD graphics only. How is this machine working out for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back