Contribute
Register

Proper CPU Management?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shutdown the computer and just remove the card and reboot?

Yes. And connect your monitor to the motherboard HDMI, of course. Use IGPEnabler=Y also... Check BIOS settings to be sure IGPU is primary. The idea is to see if your system can boot using the IGPU instead.

Yes. And connect your monitor to the motherboard HDMI, of course. Use IGPEnabler=Y also... Check BIOS settings to be sure IGPU is primary. The idea is to see if your system can boot using the IGPU instead.

I removed the card.
Used HDMi, made the IGPU primary and used the IGPEnabler=Y and.....

It worked!

Now, are we going to be able to use the GTX 680?
Because I really don't want to have to take it out and put it back in each time I want to use Windows.

I removed the card.
Used HDMi, made the IGPU primary and used the IGPEnabler=Y and.....

It worked!

Now, are we going to be able to use the GTX 680?
Because I really don't want to have to take it out and put it back in each time I want to use Windows.

In theory the only difference between your config now and using the GTX680 is:
- adding the hardware (eg. putting the nvidia card back in)
- using IGPEnabler=N instead of IGPEnabler=Y (GraphicsEnabler is already No)

That's the theory... In your case, I think the IGPU is still active and OS X is getting confused. Are you certain there is not a way in your BIOS to disable the IGPU? Like maybe an option in shared IGPU memory for "OFF" or zero? Look around, see what you can find.

The IGPU can always be disabled via DSDT, but if there is an option in BIOS it is easier... So, double check that first.

In theory the only difference between your config now and using the GTX680 is:
- adding the hardware (eg. putting the nvidia card back in)
- using IGPEnabler=N instead of IGPEnabler=Y (GraphicsEnabler is already No)

That's the theory... In your case, I think the IGPU is still active and OS X is getting confused. Are you certain there is not a way in your BIOS to disable the IGPU? Like maybe an option in shared IGPU memory for "OFF" or zero? Look around, see what you can find.

The IGPU can always be disabled via DSDT, but if there is an option in BIOS it is easier... So, double check that first.

Your theory worked.
Now here is the question;
Will I have to enter IGPEnabler=No every time?

Success!
I restarted it without having to do anything and it worked.

Now I need your help with the drivers you said we could deal with later.

IE: Ethernet port and Sound drivers

Your theory worked.
Now here is the question;
Will I have to enter IGPEnabler=No every time?

IGPEnabler=No should be in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. No reason to type it if it is already there...

I cannot thank you enough man.
Literally the only thing I need help with now is the Sound drivers and ethernet port drivers for the AsRock z77 extreme 4.

Merry Christmas.

I cannot thank you enough man.

So now it is all working. Monitor connected to nvidia and working?

I wonder what setting it was...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back