Motherboard
MSI Z170A PC MATE
CPU
i7‑6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Iv'e been stuck on the install for quite some time now. I had a fully functional hackintosh running El Capitan with no problems but I formatted it awhile back for storage issues, so I know that my hardware is compatible to run the OS, but can't seem to get High Sierra running. I've tried many different USB's using unibeast and have had the Bios settings where they should be from reading many different forums but still not able to get past the apple loading bar before the installer pops up without getting the prohibited sign.

SPECS:
MSI Z170A PC MATE
Intel Core i7‑6700K
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4

Any help would be much appriciated. Thanks

Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Attachments

• IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2559.jpg
    IMG_2559.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 67
Tiny images are not normally a lot of use but in this case the problem is easily recognisable :

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 requires a new USB Port Limit patch.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Tiny images are not normally a lot of use but in this case the problem is easily recognisable :

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 requires a new USB Port Limit patch.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Thank you, much appreciated

Is there any work around to install the OS with USB 3.0 or should I buy a 2.0 hub. (mb/case only 3.0 ports)
  • Did you make changes to your USB installer's CLOVER as suggested by P1LGRIM in the thread #4
  • In addition to adding support kext in kext/Other , you have to edit config.plist with the Patch as recommended and also make sure to edit config.plist>Devices> USB section with [√]Inject and [√]FixOwnership
  • I think your BIOS _Peripherals has default values for USB controllers appropriate for USB Installer booting

same problem. any solution? I am working with sierra 10.12.6 without problems but with high sierra it happens to me the same. will it be that high sierra does not go well with this configuration?

Attachments

• imagen 1.jpeg
    imagen 1.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 49
  • imagen 2.jpeg
    imagen 2.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 56
solved my problem. download a copy of unibeast 8.0 instead of the last one and poooffffff, the installer went up. just use UnSolid.kext to prevent the partition from being changed to APFS. I used my old clover seting (which I used in sierra) everything working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back