Graphics
EVGA 680 Classified
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

am kinda new to all this Hackintosh thing, and id love to be part of this community.
as the title states i start the clover install with the boot arges> dart=0 nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1
the install bar works until around 70% then a Prohibited Sign appears and after few min system would reboot
i am building this computer from used parts that i had laying around to replace my family's old Mac Mini that is dying,
the parts are

Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Cpu: i7 3820
Gpu: Ram: Kingstone 4x4Gb Genesis

i have tried ever guide, every fix, every USB i own, and i looked and checked my bios over 20 times just in case i missed something. still i cant seem like i found anything that works. i read a lot of posts before making this one just in case i missed anything. am starting to give up here.

ill post my -v just in case it helps you find the problem
IMG_4020.JPG

Hello everyone,

am kinda new to all this Hackintosh thing, and id love to be part of this community.
as the title states i start the clover install with the boot arges> dart=0 nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1
the install bar works until around 70% then a Prohibited Sign appears and after few min system would reboot
i am building this computer from used parts that i had laying around to replace my family's old Mac Mini that is dying,
the parts are

Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Cpu: i7 3820
Gpu: Ram: Kingstone 4x4Gb Genesis

i have tried ever guide, every fix, every USB i own, and i looked and checked my bios over 20 times just in case i missed something. still i cant seem like i found anything that works. i read a lot of posts before making this one just in case i missed anything. am starting to give up here.

ill post my -v just in case it helps you find the problem
View attachment 225392

How you created this bootable USB ??

Is the installer package downloaded from AppStore ?? Have you used the latest UniBeast for making USB ??

Have you copied any extra kext to the USB ??
i did, today in fact.
i copied the NullCPUPowerManagement and the VoodooTSCSync - 4 Core
i did try the install without any kext with the same outcomes

i did, today in fact.
i copied the NullCPUPowerManagement and the VoodooTSCSync - 4 Core
i did try the install without any kext with the same outcomes

For installation you don't need VoodooTSCSync.kext, just use cpus=1 flag.

Also i don't think that NullCPU* kext needed when using clover.

Please remove both the kexts and boot with "dart=0 cpus=1 -v". Post result. If booting stuck, then post a clear photo of the entire screen. Also post your config.plist as a file here.

For installation you don't need VoodooTSCSync.kext, just use cpus=1 flag.

Also i don't think that NullCPU* kext needed when using clover.

Please remove both the kexts and boot with "dart=0 cpus=1 -v". Post result. If booting stuck, then post a clear photo of the entire screen. Also post your config.plist as a file here.

when i pluged the USB back into the iMac to remove both Kexts, the EFI parrtion wouldnt appear so i decieded to try the dart=0 cpus=1 -v and this is what i got
IMG_4022.JPG

when i pluged the USB back into the iMac to remove both Kexts, the EFI parrtion wouldnt appear so i decieded to try the dart=0 cpus=1 -v and this is what i got
View attachment 225403

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 on your config.plist.

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
       <key>BooterConfig</key>
       <string>0x28</string>
       <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
       <string>0x67</string>
    </dict>

After adding above entry, try booting with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi & OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (do not add both drivers at the same time)

If above drivers are still making same issue, then boot with attached OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver.

Attachments

• OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 150
Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 on your config.plist.

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
       <key>BooterConfig</key>
       <string>0x28</string>
       <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
       <string>0x67</string>
    </dict>

After adding above entry, try booting with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi & OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (do not add both drivers at the same time)

If above drivers are still making same issue, then boot with attached OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver.

okey so i removed both kext and add the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver without the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
and i have the dart=0 nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 commands, i even toke a screen shot of the -v
IMG_4023.JPG

okey so i removed both kext and add the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver without the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
and i have the dart=0 nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 commands, i even toke a screen shot of the -v
View attachment 225416

Looks good now.

Try booting with npci=0x3000 instead of 0x2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back