Contribute
Register

Prohibited Sign After Trying to Update to 10.15.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats... and, no, don't add it if you are booting properly. In fact, I'm going to try my computer without it and see what happens. (Einstein once said something like "Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.")

If you want to post your CLOVER folder, I'll have a look at it.
Thanks, I appreciate your help!

I basically used the CLOVER folder I found here, including the iMac18,3 definition--for some reason, mine doesn't like 19,1.

I was able to do the update, and everything is humming smoothly.

One last thing, while I have you (if you don't mind): My case has a system fan, but neither of the connections on the board power it up. What might be the cause of this? So, to be clear, the CPU fan works fine, but neither of the SYS fan plugs do.

My computer works without MattyStonnie's ACPI patch also. (Probably the BIOS update to F8h from F8c fixed that issue for me.)
Can't help with the fan issue; my case is a CoolerMaster Elite 130, and both the CPU cooler (actually the Corsair H60 pump) and the one case fan work as advertised. If you go into your BIOS in the "Easy" display mode, you can fool around with the fan curves for each of the fans. Did you look at that and see that in fact the system fans are not running?

My computer works without MattyStonnie's ACPI patch also. (Probably the BIOS update to F8h from F8c fixed that issue for me.)
Nice!
Can't help with the fan issue; my case is a CoolerMaster Elite 130, and both the CPU cooler (actually the Corsair H60 pump) and the one case fan work as advertised. If you go into your BIOS in the "Easy" display mode, you can fool around with the fan curves for each of the fans. Did you look at that and see that in fact the system fans are not running?
I'll try that. And, yes, I've got the case off and it's not spinning. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back