CPU
Core i5 9600
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 8gb
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I downloaded the combo updated to go from 10.15.5 to 10.15.7, and my Mac would boot right back to 10.15.5. When I tried booting to the Install [drive] - data loader, I got a prohibited sign.

I read that changing Clover Configurator to BootLastVolume would allow it to update, but not there’s a prohibited sign for all of my boot volumes.

Here is a screen shot when I boot -v.

Where do I go from here?

Attachments

• 7BD11572-2A09-4230-BC19-DD65C53CD385.jpeg
    7BD11572-2A09-4230-BC19-DD65C53CD385.jpeg
    822.5 KB · Views: 98
I should note that I can’t even boot with my Catalina Unibeast USB. Curious.

Here is my CLOVER folder on the computer at left; running 10.15.7. Compare yours to mine & see if you find any needed changes. (My SMBIOS is iMac 19,1 and Clover is version 5119.)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Here is my CLOVER folder on the computer at left; running 10.15.7. Compare yours to mine & see if you find any needed changes. (My SMBIOS is iMac 19,1 and Clover is version 5119.)

Thank you. My issue is that I can’t boot at all, even with USB. I’m using 18,2 and Clover 5119 as well.

What version of the Gigabyte BIOS are you running? The latest is F8h and you might want to consider using "Q-Flash" on a download of that software in your "Enter Setup" BIOS window. Might help, might not. Also i would say that iMac 19,1 is the right SMBIOS for your setup.

What version of the Gigabyte BIOS are you running? The latest is F8h and you might want to consider using "Q-Flash" on a download of that software in your "Enter Setup" BIOS window. Might help, might not. Also i would say that iMac 19,1 is the right SMBIOS for your setup.
Ah, ok. I’m running F5, so I’ll update that right away and let you know if it helps. And thanks for the tip on the SMBIOS—I’ll update that as soon as I can.

I was reading somewhere the prohibited sign could be due to NVRAM issues. After the prohibited sign, there’s a prompt to hit any key, and then it says “Error: Already started returned from AptioMemboryFix.efi.” Have you had any issues with NVRAM?

Attachments

• 0261AFE4-0E94-4C54-954F-658CDDC36569.jpeg
    0261AFE4-0E94-4C54-954F-658CDDC36569.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 52
Z390 boards have no native NVRAM, but that can be easily fixed by putting "SSDT-PMC.aml" in your "CLOVER/ACPI/patched" folder. But you need to get booted, and you might need MattyStonnie's file for use with the latest BIOS versions to do that. My config.plist has it and it works. If you cannot boot with the latest BIOS version from Gigabyte installed and properly set up, read post #21 on this page and try something similar to get his fix into your computer. Also, what is the date of "AptioMemoryFix.efi" in your Clover? Mine is "June 5, 2020."

Attachments

• SSDT-PMC.aml.zip
    931 bytes · Views: 66
Last edited:
Z390 boards have no native NVRAM, but that can be easily fixed by putting "SSDT-PMC.aml" in your "CLOVER/ACPI/patched" folder.
Ok, good to know.
But you need to get booted, and you might need MattyStonnie's file for use with the latest BIOS versions to do that. My config.plist has it and it works. If you cannot boot with the latest BIOS version from Gigabyte installed and properly set up, read post #21 on this page and try something similar to get his fix into your computer.
Updating the BIOS got me past the prohibited but it hangs now. I’ve attached a screenshot—is this the type of problem you mean?
Also, what is the date of "AptioMemoryFix.efi" in your Clover? Mine is "June 5, 2020."
I’ll check on that when I get booted.

Attachments

• B959704E-FF02-4250-A03D-3FBA062366D8.jpeg
    B959704E-FF02-4250-A03D-3FBA062366D8.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
Ok, I’m back up and running after tweaking some BIOS info.

Z390 boards have no native NVRAM, but that can be easily fixed by putting "SSDT-PMC.aml" in your "CLOVER/ACPI/patched" folder. But you need to get booted, and you might need MattyStonnie's file for use with the latest BIOS versions to do that. My config.plist has it and it works. If you cannot boot with the latest BIOS version from Gigabyte installed and properly set up, read post #21 on this page and try something similar to get his fix into your computer.
I didn’t add any of this to config.plist and I’m up and running. Would you still suggest it?
Also, what is the date of "AptioMemoryFix.efi" in your Clover? Mine is "June 5, 2020."
Mine is June 6, 2020

Congrats... and, no, don't add it if you are booting properly. In fact, I'm going to try my computer without it and see what happens. (Einstein once said something like "Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.")

If you want to post your CLOVER folder, I'll have a look at it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back