Contribute
Register

[Progress] GA-Z97X-UD7 TH / i7 4790K / 32GB / GTX 770 / 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Build. :thumbup: Two questions though.
1. What did you overclock your CPU to?
2. I may have missed this in your post but what cooler did you use?

How did you get such a high geekbench score with your specs? Did you overclock your CPU to like 5ghz or something?

Thanks!

Quick question ,I just Bought the GA-Z97X-UD7 TH and was wondering if by Updating the Bios to the latest version would change anything since in the last version (F5) wont allow you to down grade it back
BIOS prohibits updating to earlier version BIOS?

Quick question ,I just Bought the GA-Z97X-UD7 TH and was wondering if by Updating the Bios to the latest version would change anything since in the last version (F5) wont allow you to down grade it back
BIOS prohibits updating to earlier version BIOS?

I am very interested in the answer to this question as well :) Otherwise phenomenal guide.

Possibly the few problems I am having might have been address but I have not seen them..

1. For some reason I have 2 drives that won't mount and Id I try to format repair or delete them they state they can't unmount??
one is osx journaled the other is fat32.. I have all 8 sata ports occupied? ( Edit Fixed)

2. I can't use the XMP profile 1 with all 4 memory slots occupied with mushkin redline 1.65v ddr3 16 gigs total bios freezes up and reboots ( Edit Fixed)

Any help is greatly appreciated :) otherwise much easier to set up than my Asus MVE and 2600k (That would not run higher than 3.4ghz)

Last edited:
I just set up my first Hak also.

GA-Z97X-UD7 TH / i7 4790K onboard video usb for sound.

thunderbolt, Hdmi works.

I Used imac 14.1

mine is on the F5 Bios with yosemite 10.0.15 no problems at all.

I have copied the same bios settings and flags plus 1 stick of ram for some reason I get hung up at the apple loading screen with only 30% of the bar filled. What am I not getting here?

GA-Z97X-UD7 TH / i7 4790K / 32GB / Titan X

This is the verbose code. Can anyone help?
IMG_20150822_161406182.jpg

Nblazing,
first of all: your titan X wouldn´t work with the imac-system-definition, you need to use the mac pro 3.1, as the installer is a dedicated MAC-pro-installer and you´ll have trouble with your mac os system using a nvidia-gfx-card with the imac-definition.

secondly: I would try to use the verbose-mode -v to see where the installer will hang, and you should turn off the thunderbold-port within the bios prior installing mac os (to prevent the 2min-boot-delay). you can delete the th-extentions as soon as the system will be installed using the known commands.

I used the following flags during the WHOLE installation process: -v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

that did work for me with my GTX970.

good luck

danny

Edit: sometimes it´s good to use this boot-flag as well: maxmem=4096

hi again,
mac pro 3.1 is only a system-definition, you need to set it using the multibeast afterward your system-installation.

hi again,
mac pro 3.1 is only a system-definition, you need to set it using the multibeast afterward your system-installation.

Thanks I successfully got everything installed. Now just for the fine tuning stages and getting a clean startup. Do you have any suggestions for multicast configurations?

Everything is up and running well now. Finally a streamline boot without the need for flags. The system recognizes the Titan GTX and everything is smooth sailing there. I have been doing some digging in the forums to try to sort out the audio card issue and I have not been able to identify any audio output devices. Also I was trying to read other peoples posts about their rams not being identified at its true speed, I am also having these issues and cannot sort them out. Wondering if anyone on here has any suggestions.

Corsair Vengance 32 gb 2400mhz only registers at 1333mhz??
Audio Card not functioning even with ACL1150 driver??

Any insight or links would be great. I may have missed a few threads.f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back