Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone. I'm looking into building a Hackintosh Pro from the Buyer's Guide for programming and building design, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with some of the following questions:

1) I need a 3-monitor setup, with a minimum of 1440p resolution for each monitor. I was thinking of upgrading from the GTX 1060 to a 1080. Would there be any compatibility issues with that upgrade? (or the three monitor setup in general?)

2) I will be doing building design in Autodesk Fusion 360. Are the graphics full 3D hardware-accelerated?

3) Does anyone have any hackintosh experience with xCode? Can you build iOS apps and deploy them to TestFlight through Application Loader with no issues?

4) I won't need wifi, but I will need sound. Are there any compatibility issues with the on-board sound on the recommended motherboards?

5) I'm going to have a separate SSD for a windows install for gaming. I assume this is the best approach rather than messing with partitions and Clover / Boot camp?

Thanks for your time!

1) I can't answer the 3 monitor setup, but I run 2 Dell U2715H monitors from my lowly AMD RX 560 card just fine.

2) I've used both the GTX 1050 ti and AMD RX 560 with Fusion 360. Both work great (see my notes below on why I picked the Radeon over Nvidea)

3) Yes. I've published quite a few apps in the app store all done from 'Hackintoshes'. Start to finish (including testflight) everything works great.

4) You shouldn't have any issues with sound on any of the recommended boards.

5) I cant answer this one either... since i only use MacOS. But using a separate drive should work fine.

Since I don't run windows I went with a natively supported Radeon card instead of the Nvidia cards. The new Radeon Pro cards have been supported in macOS since 10.12.6 and are used in 2017 iMac models. I don't like having to wait for nvidia to update the drivers before doing OS updates. If you are going to do (windows) gaming the Nvidia cards are probably a better choice. however, the Radeon cards work better in graphics apps like Final Cut Pro, fusion and adobe cc (you'll need to venture away from this site to get better reviews of the new Radeon cards and how they work with macOS 10.12.6+ ) :)

1) I can't answer the 3 monitor setup, but I run 2 Dell U2715H monitors from my lowly AMD RX 560 card just fine.

2) I've used both the GTX 1050 ti and AMD RX 560 with Fusion 360. Both work great (see my notes below on why I picked the Radeon over Nvidea)

3) Yes. I've published quite a few apps in the app store all done from 'Hackintoshes'. Start to finish (including testflight) everything works great.

4) You shouldn't have any issues with sound on any of the recommended boards.

5) I cant answer this one either... since i only use MacOS. But using a separate drive should work fine.

Since I don't run windows I went with a natively supported Radeon card instead of the Nvidia cards. The new Radeon Pro cards have been supported in macOS since 10.12.6 and are used in 2017 iMac models. I don't like having to wait for nvidia to update the drivers before doing OS updates. If you are going to do (windows) gaming the Nvidia cards are probably a better choice. however, the Radeon cards work better in graphics apps like Final Cut Pro, fusion and adobe cc (you'll need to venture away from this site to get better reviews of the new Radeon cards and how they work with macOS 10.12.6+ ) :)

Thanks for all of the info! So, with the radeon cards, is it literally plug and play with the hackintosh since the drivers are built into MacOS?

Thanks for all of the info! So, with the radeon cards, is it literally plug and play with the hackintosh since the drivers are built into MacOS?

The RX560 requires 2 additional kexts (Lilu and WhateverGreen) for use under MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 (at least that is what I hear). I have bought a Sapphire RX560 myself and I intend to put it into my system to see if that is the case. Not sure about other Radeon cards or High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back