Contribute
Register

Programming and minor gaming - need help from the pros :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have one final question - would you say this hardware is sufficient for iOS development in a good manner, or should i invest in a better processor?

Well, I don't do iOS development so I can't say for sure, but I do use Xcode for some OS X development, and with 8 GB the i3-3225 machine thrashes my 2010 i7 MacBook Pro, so I would say "probably yes it'll do the job nicely". I had it at my desk for some weeks before I moved it to the lounge room. Giving it an SSD to boot off will help a lot too.

The i3 is really the little brother of the family, but it does have a surprising amount of power.

Well, I don't do iOS development so I can't say for sure, but I do use Xcode for some OS X development, and with 8 GB the i3-3225 machine thrashes my 2010 i7 MacBook Pro, so I would say "probably yes it'll do the job nicely". I had it at my desk for some weeks before I moved it to the lounge room. Giving it an SSD to boot off will help a lot too.

The i3 is really the little brother of the family, but it does have a surprising amount of power.

great, this what i was hoping to hear :) thanks alot for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back