Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I'm building a new hackintosh in the coming week.

Do you recommend me to wait for Intel new Hazwell CPU ? Or it wouldn't make any difference as it is tailored for mobile computing?

Thank you

Hello,

I'm building a new hackintosh in the coming week.

Do you recommend me to wait for Intel new Hazwell CPU ? Or it wouldn't make any difference as it is tailored for mobile computing?

Thank you

Nobody even knows when Apple will be announcing support for Haswell, so you could be waiting a while.

Yes, you are probably right but it is worth it to wait for it or it is not going to make any difference in desktops.

Thank you

Yes, you are probably right but it is worth it to wait for it or it is not going to make any difference in desktops.

Thank you

From what I have read the main improvement with Haswell will be much better integrated graphics.
So if you are including a graphics card in your build it wouldn't be worth the wait for Haswell. Ivy
Bridge is the way to go right now.

The first new intel chip releases are always the I7 and I5 chips. The first motherboards available are always for the tech junkies (the ultra high performance gamers), these are the people that will be the first to have these new processors and boards.

I would go with Ivy bridge certainly until the end of the summer. Its supported, available and proven technology, with a wide range of boards available.

You need to remember that processors use less power and have better graphics on each new chipset release - part of this is down to the growth in mobile devices - lower power consumption for better battery life, part is down to manufactures such as Apple demanding these improvements and part is down to 'green credentials'

Haswell will use less power, have better graphics capability just as Ivy bridge and Sandy Bridge have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back