Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Process "com.apple.parsec-fbf.flush" on Catalina 10.15.2 prevents system from sleeping automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you proof that it happens on other MacOS versions? So let’s stick on actual fact instead of opinions/guesses.

I haven't had it happen to me on any version of macOS. So, wouldn't that imply that the problem is on your end?

I haven't made any guesses or given any opinion. All I've stated are facts:
  • I'm on 10.15.2.
  • Sleep/wake works fine for me.
  • Siri is enabled.

I haven't had it happen to me on any version of macOS. So, wouldn't that imply that the problem is on your end?

I haven't made any guesses or given any opinion. All I've stated are facts:
  • I'm on 10.15.2.
  • Sleep/wake works fine for me.
  • Siri is enabled.

Thank you @pastrychef, but we already know that your installation is fine and this war that’s all what you have provided. So, as we know already that you aren’t affected by this issue and you cannot actually investigate it as you cannot repeat it, maybe you avoid posting just only for pointless dispute? You are not helping on that way, this doesn’t provide anything valuable to solve the issue. No one is claiming that every 10.15.2 user is affected! Just the fact is that this specific issue was was first introduced on 10.15.2.

Could you provide something more valuable rather than your comp is fine, which we already know?

Thank you @pastrychef, but we already know that your installation is fine and this war that’s all what you have provided. So, as we know already that you aren’t affected by this issue and you cannot actually investigate it as you cannot repeat it, maybe you avoid posting just only for pointless dispute? You are not helping on that way, this doesn’t provide anything valuable to solve the issue. No one is claiming that every 10.15.2 user is affected! Just the fact is that this specific issue was was first introduced on 10.15.2.

Could you provide something more valuable rather than your comp is fine, which we already know?

I still feel that it's best to eliminate variables by having those affected test with clean installs.

I still feel that it's best to eliminate variables by having those affected test with clean installs.

I cannot see any actual value here yet. We have already enough data to start somehow trace down this issue. Killing people doesn't help to cure them anyhow. On most cases it's the same with the comps. The cause of symptoms should be treated. On current case we have already some information to dig deeper.

And actually nothing bad happens if Apple cannot spoof when this background task is disabled.

I cannot see any actual value here yet. We have already enough data to start somehow trace down this issue. Killing people doesn't help to cure them anyhow. On most cases it's the same with the comps. The cause of symptoms should be treated. On current case we have already some information to dig deeper.

And actually nothing bad happens if Apple cannot spoof when this background task is disabled.

Well, I can tell you it's not Siri because I have it enabled and use it and sleep/wake works.

Good luck finding the cause.

Well, I can tell you it's not Siri because I have it enabled and use it and sleep/wake works.

Good luck finding the cause.

Depends what you mean by using word Siri.

According to Apple's documentation parsec-fbf is the support daemon for Siri Search analytics, which is responsible for periodic flush and upload of Siri Search analytics data.

Seems that issue is not limited to Hack's only.

Depends what you mean by using word Siri.

According to Apple's documentation parsec-fbf is the support daemon for Siri Search analytics, which is responsible for periodic flush and upload of Siri Search analytics data.

Seems that issue is not limited to Hack's only.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 11.51.48 AM.png

SCFEENSHOT

You have posted just a screenshot of the GUI. Siri is a lot more than this GUI you have posted.

Some Siri Agents:
  • com.apple.siriknowledged
  • com.apple.assistant_service
  • com.apple.assistantd
  • com.apple.Siri.agent
  • com.apple.parsec-fbf

You have posted just a screenshot of the GUI. Siri is a lot more than this GUI you have posted.

Some Siri Agents:
  • com.apple.siriknowledged
  • com.apple.assistant_service
  • com.apple.assistantd
  • com.apple.Siri.agent
  • com.apple.parsec-fbf

If I'm using Siri, wouldn't the tasks be running?

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 12.18.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 12.18.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 12.18.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 12.18.52 PM.png

If I'm using Siri, wouldn't the tasks be running?

Your screenshots are irrelevant. It's more important that Apple itself has to say about his inventions:

CoreParsec.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreParsec.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/Info.plist

Bundle identifier: com.apple.siri.parsec.CoreParsec
Privacy - Location Usage Description: Spotlight, Messages, Lookup & Safari Suggestions use your location to provide more accurate local results.

From BSD System Manager's Manual: parsec-fbf is responsible for periodic flush and upload of Siri Search analytics data.

Do you have something really valuable to provide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back