Contribute
Register

ProBook randomly freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
well...i appreciate all the 'help' I got here.....(/end sarcasm)......I guess i'll get a new Apple ID and pay for Mountain Lion AGAIN.......that way I can have 10.8.4.......

Okay...OS X 10.8.4 was purchased and downloaded from Apple AppStore.....I wrote the Unibeast disk and booted it up....I installed all the proper things on ProBook Installer 6.1 beta and after I got from doing that, I downloaded Chrome for my web browser...I wasn't on FaceBook but maybe 15 minutes and then it froze again......

Okay...OS X 10.8.4 was purchased and downloaded from Apple AppStore.....I wrote the Unibeast disk and booted it up....I installed all the proper things on ProBook Installer 6.1 beta and after I got from doing that, I downloaded Chrome for my web browser...I wasn't on FaceBook but maybe 15 minutes and then it froze again......

Maybe tell us exactly what you chose in the ProBook Installer? It sure is sounding like a hardware problem though.

Did you check your temperatures?

I don't wanna jinx it, but it has not froze in awhile........I noticed that the freezes happened when I had FaceBook open.....I knew FaceBook was evil...I even played a little Need for Speed, took a nap, watched a DVD since the last freeze...its been about 6 hours since the last freeze

Had those freezes in the last installation, they come and go just like graphic glitches. Everything just freezes and the only thing that moves on the screen is the mouse. Sound also hangs like a "scratched disc". Maybe the next time it happen (really hoping that it don't) I will take a look at the logs and show what I found.

Just to clarify: only OS X installed; replaced the Wifi card with the Atheros one; DSDT extracted under Linux, patches applied and all this DSDT stuff. Also generated a new SSDT for this new installation, so far no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back