Contribute
Register

probook installer DSDT ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking

did you change the dsdt? what's different?

do i put this file back where the other one was, the one i deleted
in the extras folder?

Applied all the changes typically made to a 4530s dsdt. Plae it in extra where the other was.

Hi blueking,

First, thanks a lot for your OSX Lion install guide on 4530s because it permit me to install OSX on my 5330m probook. I coul'd use your installer app because of my model, so i used the "installer files for manual install" and it seems to work fine exept wifi (I have a broadcom 94313 model).
As you can think, I also didn't use the installer in order to get a DSDT file because of my model an my Bios version F22 (I recently updated it).
So, in my situation, what is the good way for me to get a patched DSDT in order to have power management on my notebook ?
I saw this topic http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28604 about DSDT autopatching.
Can i use the DSDT autopacher with my 5530m model and will be the pached DSDT correct... and uptodate ?

Thank for your help.

Edit : same message sent twice : bad manipulation.... :)

phil33 said:
Hi blueking,

First, thanks a lot for your OSX Lion install guide on 4530s because it permit me to install OSX on my 5330m probook. I coul'd use your installer app because of my model, so i used the "installer files for manual install" and it seems to work fine exept wifi (I have a broadcom 94313 model).
As you can think, I also didn't use the installer in order to get a DSDT file because of my model an my Bios version F22 (I recently updated it).
So, in my situation, what is the good way for me to get a patched DSDT in order to have power management on my notebook ?
I saw this topic http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28604 about DSDT autopatching.
Can i use the DSDT autopacher with my 5530m model and will be the pached DSDT correct... and uptodate ?

Thank for your help.

If you have the patched appleintelcpupm, that basically is all you should need, along with whatever SMBIOS is appropriate.

thanks.
What do you mean by an appropriate SMBIOS ?

Edit : "ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo" command doen't give any output, that seems to say that Cstates are not managed on my labtop. Is it normal ?

thanks for your help.

phil33 said:
thanks.
What do you mean by an appropriate SMBIOS ?

Edit : "ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo" command doen't give any output, that seems to say that Cstates are not managed on my labtop. Is it normal ?

thanks for your help.

I'm not very knowledgeable about this, you are better starting a thread in the appropriate area.

blueking said:
Yeah, just you can't downgrade from F20 which I don't want to do.
way?? F20 which I don't want to do.??? waj not to doo?

Bk I have HP probook 4530 S
i7 2630QM (LJ531UT)
4 GB RAM, 640 GB HDD
with Windows 7 Professional
I am unable to boot unibeast 1.2 without -x
after booting and running installer 3.3
no sound/ no wifi/ no USB
I have updated to BIOS ver F.20
i have extracted the DSDT, please help me to make my laptop functional
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.