Graphics
Intel GMA 4500MHD (1280x800 WXGA)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I try since hours to get the Probook get run Maveriks.
It`s a Probook HP ProBook 6560b ; Intel HM65 Express ; with Intel HD Graphics 3000. (8 GB RAM)
I create a USB stick like mentioned here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html

When I boot from the stick, press ESC and than boot from stick via F9 I get the boot screen. Pressing Enter grey screen with logo starts and with the running ring. After some seconds I get black screen and nothing happens any more. Also no reaction on the USB stick lamp.

I also tried -x and -v -x, but this also doesn`t help.

How can I get out of this and get the installation work ?
Pls help.

It`s a Probook HP ProBook 6560b ; Intel HM65 Express ; with Intel HD Graphics 3000. (8 GB RAM)
I create a USB stick like mentioned here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html

When I boot from the stick, press ESC and than boot from stick via F9 I get the boot screen. Pressing Enter grey screen with logo starts and with the running ring. After some seconds I get black screen and nothing happens any more. Also no reaction on the USB stick lamp.

Pls help.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

ok, update of Signature done.

Pls help.

Try with:
IGPlatformID=00010000 dart=0 -v

ok, done.
Al lot of command lines are running on the screen and after some seconds the screen gets dark.
No reaction on the screen and also not on the LED of the USB stick. Also no reaction on the HDD LED,
Should I wait ? (already passed 5 min.)

ok, done.
Al lot of command lines are running on the screen and after some seconds the screen gets dark.
No reaction on the screen and also not on the LED of the USB stick. Also no reaction on the HDD LED,
Should I wait ? (already passed 5 min.)

If your laptop has Radeon, make sure you disable it in BIOS.

And check for correct hardware specs... Run 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal and post output here.

If your laptop has Radeon, make sure you disable it in BIOS.

And check for correct hardware specs... Run 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal and post output here.

How can I check if I have "Radeon" ? Where is it in Bios ?
Linux terminal ? Where can I insert this command ? Pls explain.

How can I check if I have "Radeon" ? Where is it in Bios ?

Look in BIOS screens. I don't have one with Radeon, so can't tell you where to look. The main BIOS page displays system information. It might be there. You should really know the basics of your hardware before beginning...

Linux terminal ? Where can I insert this command ? Pls explain.

Build Ubuntu USB. Boot it (no need to install). Run Terminal. Type 'lspci -nn' <enter> (without the quotes, of course). Provide exact copy of output here.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

Hello again,
sorry for the delay. Here the picture of the Linux .... SAM_0217.JPG

Hello again,
sorry for the delay. Here the picture of the Linux ....View attachment 98249

It looks as expected.

Assuming you're following the guide exactly, it should work without any boot flags, but especially it should work with IGPlatform=00010000 dart=0 -v.

You might see if you have a signal on HDMI.

Are you certain your screen is 1366x768?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back