Graphics
GT210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Suggesting that is Sandy Bridge, that looks like it would work as the laptop itself.

As for LCD transfer, give it a shot! You'll need to use the 4730s DSDT though.

From doing more research Laptop LCD's are all universal.

Im thinking about purchasing a 1080p screen instead from LG. The LP156WF1. I guess it comes in a few laptops and looks awesome.

Here's a guy who upgraded his screen.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavi ... ement.html

DSDT 4730? I though that stuff was all about the bios? Not the screen resolution.

Its about both.

The DSDT for the 4730s (I think, I can check) I believe is identical to the 4530s with the extra card.

But you need an extra patch if the resolution is too high. (over 1400x800)

ivtecc said:
From doing more research Laptop LCD's are all universal.

Im thinking about purchasing a 1080p screen instead from LG. The LP156WF1. I guess it comes in a few laptops and looks awesome.

Here's a guy who upgraded his screen.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavi ... ement.html

I have been also thinking to upgrade to FHD screen, and found many with near perfect price. Hope it works for you

So, if I understand this correctly, if I go from a 1366x768 screen to a 1600x900 screen, I'll need to change something in my DSDT?

Yes. A dual link patch. But if you tell me what BIOS version you have and single or dual card I can make one with all the patches for you.

F.20

Intel 3000 only.

I'm going to order the screen today. :)

Sweet. Share how it works out! You can try your DSDT but my understanding is all with resolutions over 1400x800 need them. I'll patch a dsdt for you to try out later on today.

If its not a pain you should consider sharing a tear apart viedo of this laptop. But I know it could be.

blueking as an Probook 6560b owner, with lion installed on it, I was wondering if the dsdt for the 4530 (or 4730) can be used without any additional patching? I've tried it several times and it kinda works but with a lot of hick-ups. Am doing anything wrong? I've the 6560b with Intel 3000 only.
Hope you share you thoughts on this.
Regards,
Simania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back