Contribute
Register

Probook 6360b - Flawless Install (sans WiFi).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
dadsad
CPU
asdasf
Graphics
fasfsa
Just felt I needed to tell the word, the 6360b seems to be a great little machine that had a 99.9% flawless install using the Probook guide. Only issue was a boot0 on first boot that was easily fixed.

But really, I'm impressed just how much works.

iMessage, iCloud, Facetime, sleep+Wake, power management seems to be fine, 10.9.1 update, App Store, shortcuts/Fn buttons.

This brings me to the one thing that doesn't work: WiFi

Now I've read that the 6360b has a whitelist. Which cards are on the whitelist AND work in 10.9?

This brings me to the one thing that doesn't work: WiFi

Now I've read that the 6360b has a whitelist. Which cards are on the whitelist AND work in 10.9?

See if there is a list of replacement parts provided by your service/maintenance manual. HP is generally good about providing service manuals for download and usually they list the replacement parts. Cross reference with the devices compatible with OS X here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

I think for Probook 6x60b, Elitebook 8x60p, 2x70, 2x60, the only wifi card in whitelist that works is HP-branded Broadcom 43224 a/b/g (which was included in my previous 8460p)

I think for Probook 6x60b, Elitebook 8x60p, 2x70, 2x60, the only wifi card in whitelist that works is HP-branded Broadcom 43224 a/b/g (which was included in my previous 8460p)

May be true, but I would check the service manual before ordering...

This seems to be correct, so I've ordered one and it should be here friday :D

Right. So this chart says that it's natively supported. So do I just install the card, power up and then find WiFi will have appeared above in the tray as an airport card?

This seems to be correct, so I've ordered one and it should be here friday :D

Right. So this chart says that it's natively supported. So do I just install the card, power up and then find WiFi will have appeared above in the tray as an airport card?

It's not native supported, but if you installed OS X by one of sticky guides here, the card will automatically show up after replacement (unless it can't pass BIOS whitelist)

Just popped it in and it works perfectly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back