Graphics
GTS250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Is there any report of successful installs on this?, the hardware seems to be identical to the 4530 so i assume it shouldnt be much of a issue (other than the WIFI card that seems to vary even between 4530).

Im mostly wondering, is there any feature thats enabled through DSDT on the 4530 that cannot be achieved in other ways? (which will probably be the only issue as far as ive read).

I hope im not missing any obvious topic so far.

Thanks!

Oh, right, i think its the same as the basic 4530, specs are:

i3 2310
Chipset QM67 Express
Intel HD3000
Broadcom Wifi (according to the site im considering getting one from, i guess it could work depending on the model, if not, ill just get another one).

Aku said:
Is there any report of successful installs on this?, the hardware seems to be identical to the 4530 so i assume it shouldnt be much of a issue (other than the WIFI card that seems to vary even between 4530).

Im mostly wondering, is there any feature thats enabled through DSDT on the 4530 that cannot be achieved in other ways? (which will probably be the only issue as far as ive read).

Thanks!

:lol: Aku - I just asked the same question for my 5330m on the large Probook thread. I'm thinking the DSDT will be the issue.

EDIT:
HP 5330m
i5-2520M 2.50 GHz
HD 3000 Graphics
8gb ram

Those both look fine.

You'll want to experiment with kexts and stuff. But we have a generic SB patcher for dsdt which will work.

Thats awesome, will be getting one this week end and testing :), will report back my experience!.

peterooo said:
Aku said:

Thanks!

:lol: Aku - I just asked the same question for my 5330m on the large Probook thread. I'm thinking the DSDT will be the issue.

EDIT:
HP 5330m
i5-2520M 2.50 GHz
HD 3000 Graphics
8gb ram

I remember seeing someone asking, sadly i couldnt find the post again :p, have you got the Probook yet?

Aku said:
I remember seeing someone asking, sadly i couldnt find the post again :p, have you got the Probook yet?

Yes - I got it this afternoon.

peterooo said:
Aku said:

Yes - I got it this afternoon.

Any progress in your installation so far?

Aku said:
Any progress in your installation so far?

Frustrating day. :thumbdown: I can't get the 5330 to recognise my iBoot USB stick at boot up. I press any key immediately after power-up and the load screen only lists Windows 7 to boot into.
:banghead:

(I burned a USB with iBoot Legacy - after failing to create a working bootable USB with rBoot. The 5330m has no CD drive).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back