Hd4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I just noticed that my bios is v.42, and v.43 is available. is there anyway I can update the bios in OSX? I have already tried it on windows 7 installed in Vmware fusion 6, but it keeps crashing.

I just thought it is a good idea as I am considering a bios upgrade prior to a fresh install of OSX.

thanx

Hi,
I just noticed that my bios is v.42, and v.43 is available. is there anyway I can update the bios in OSX? I have already tried it on windows 7 installed in Vmware fusion 6, but it keeps crashing.

I just thought it is a good idea as I am considering a bios upgrade prior to a fresh install of OSX.

thanx

If you read the documentation available from HP on updating BIOS, there are two methods:
- from with Windows
- by building a USB stick on another machine with Windows on it, then using the USB on the target ProBook to update

Updating BIOS within OS X or using a VM is not possible.

If you read the documentation available from HP on updating BIOS, there are two methods:
- from with Windows
- by building a USB stick on another machine with Windows on it, then using the USB on the target ProBook to update

Updating BIOS within OS X or using a VM is not possible.

Hi RehabMan,
Thanx for your reply, I am having a look at HP's website and for the life of me I can not find the Bios method approach!
can you assist me please?

Thank you

Hi RehabMan,
Thanx for your reply, I am having a look at HP's website and for the life of me I can not find the Bios method approach!
can you assist me please?

Thank you

Go to the drivers for probook 4540s from hp and there is a link for bios to download . Its a setup file you run it and voila, bios updated

Go to the drivers for probook 4540s from hp and there is a link for bios to download . Its a setup file you run it and voila, bios updated

Hi Thanx for your input.
I am aware of your the link, but I can not run the update in OSX, I need to run it off a USB in Bios, which I really can not do!

Hi Thanx for your input.
I am aware of your the link, but I can not run the update in OSX, I need to run it off a USB in Bios, which I really can not do!

Well you can download the windows-based bios package and update it. It is fairly straight forward. There is something I needed to do in Bios as well as OSX, but not sure what did I do exactly :mrgreen:

Well you can download the windows-based bios package and update it. It is fairly straight forward. There is something I needed to do in Bios as well as OSX, but not sure what did I do exactly :mrgreen:

thanx guys, as I was going to reformat OSX again, I gave up and installing win 7 only to update the bios and then install osx again.

:mrgreen:

If you can have access to another computer running Windows, download the sp63820.exe, run it but stop after the file decompressing. Go to C:\swsetup (not sure about the folder name) to retrieve the newly created sp36820 folder, put the files found inside it on a fat32 USB stick. When booting your 4540s, click on ESC and go to the BIOS setup to find a command update it.

Hi Thanx for your input.

The two methods I mention in my original reply are fully described at hp.com. I suggest you read the documentation HP provides.

The method "Using f10 setup to update the BIOS" is described at page 122 of the HP ProBook 4540s Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back