Contribute
Register

[ProBook 4530s] No Sound After 10.11.4 Beta Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you BT! I'm not crazy! Our Info.plist files matched. I finally got it to work, so this thread is "solved."

Steps I did:

1. Reset AppleHDA/IDT (By updating to 10.11.4 b5/Rerunning ProBook Installer)
  2. Modified Info.plist for AHDAIDT by copying all 13 OSBundleLibrary entries from AppleHDA.kext
  3. Terminal copied (sudo cp) modified Info.plist into the AppleHDAIDT kext rather than drag and drop
  4. Booted without caches using the space-bar option (Thank you Rehabman)
  5. Repaired Permissions and Rebuilt Cache using above commands
  6. Rebooted

Thank you both for your help!

[*]Terminal copied (sudo cp) modified Info.plist into the AppleHDAIDT kext rather than drag and drop

FYI: You can never use Finder to copy files into system folders. It does not apply the permissions required.

Does that still hold true if I "authorize" it via the Finder prompts that follow? Just curious.

Ok... Thanks RehabMan.

Note that if my README.txt is accurate, your 9470m is IDT 76e0 and therefore layout-id must be 17.

The PBI uses a single layout-id (12) for all IDT codecs and five different versions of AppleHDAIDT.kext. I decided to merge them into one kext and use a different layout-id for each codec.

You'll need to change your DSDT so it uses layout-id 17 instead of 12, install AppleHDA_ProBook.kext, and remove AppleHDAIDT.kext.

You need to fix the Info.plist in your AppleHDA injector kext (AppleHDAIDT.kext).

In 10.11.4 new requirements for OSBundleLibraries:
com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily 1.2.0a1
com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily 1.1

If you look at the Info.plist for AppleHDA.kext in 10.11.4, you will see the new entries (compare with 10.11.3)

Cool. Worked for me too! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Note that if my README.txt is accurate, your 9470m is IDT 76e0 and therefore layout-id must be 17.

The PBI uses a single layout-id (12) for all IDT codecs and five different versions of AppleHDAIDT.kext. I decided to merge them into one kext and use a different layout-id for each codec.

You'll need to change your DSDT so it uses layout-id 17 instead of 12, install AppleHDA_ProBook.kext, and remove AppleHDAIDT.kext.

Ok. I see. I have to go to work now but I will do it when I get back. Thanks mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back