Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 820 G3
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 520
I used unibeast to install a mac os lion and had all working. During install, i created a partition for Windows install. I then installed Windows 7 and now i cannot boot into mac os lion at all.
I think i corrupted the chimera bootloader. Need help reinstalling.

coolindian2 said:
I used unibeast to install a mac os lion and had all working. During install, i created a partition for Windows install. I then installed Windows 7 and now i cannot boot into mac os lion at all.

I just did something similar today and from my experience this is all to be expected.

Boot from your Unibeast USB drive and run Multibeast to get Chimera back.

Another path is to try running the HP Probook Installer again. You'll get Lion back, but no multiboot. Then run MultiBeast (I used 4.3.1) with your Lion install as the target, and go to Customization, Boot Options and choose Instant Menu. This worked for me.

Here's a link to a guide I used, but I don't think it's specific to Lion or the 4530s.

Good luck...

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872

coolindian2 said:

now, you used lion usb.
- boot to usb lion
- after, select pactition install mac lion
- after login lion, run chimera to create bootloader

--------------------------
can you send me all kener for hp probook 4530 ?
my wifi and touchpad not work @!@

ZiggyStardog said:
coolindian2 said:

I just did something similar today and from my experience this is all to be expected.

Another path is to try running the HP Probook Installer again. You'll get Lion back, but no multiboot. Then run MultiBeast (I used 4.3.1) with your Lion install as the target, and go to Customization, Boot Options and choose Instant Menu. This worked for me.

Here's a link to a guide I used, but I don't think it's specific to Lion or the 4530s."

Good luck...

Thanks for your help. I was able to boot from my usb installer and reinstall chimera to get Lion Working, But i do not have an option to boot into windows anymore. I did try installing the instant menu,but that does not show the windows boot option. Did you install your chimera on the efi partition. any pointers are appreciated.

coolindian2 said:
ZiggyStardog said:
coolindian2 said:

Here's a link to a guide I used, but I don't think it's specific to Lion or the 4530s."

Good luck...

Thanks for your help. I was able to boot from my usb installer and reinstall chimera to get Lion Working, But i do not have an option to boot into windows anymore. I did try installing the instant menu,but that does not show the windows boot option. Did you install your chimera on the efi partition. any pointers are appreciated.

I'm afraid I had the similar problem and it presented that I had the choice... use osx with not access to windows or use windows with no access to osx.

I did however have access to both on 4 previous clean installs of the systems I don't know what caused the issue but I ended up installing a 2nd drive and keeping them seperate as occasionally a modification in osx screwed up my windows install.
I would recommend you remove ALL partitions then creating 1 new partition using your WINDOWS INSTALLER DISK and then using unibeast installer to create new ones and go from there.

In the install that went wrong for me I think I deleted all the partitions on the disk but not created the new 1 then tried the disk utility on mac... if you did the same this could be a common fault.

coolindian2 said:
ZiggyStardog said:
coolindian2 said:

Good luck...

At chimera bootscreen stop the countdown by pressing the space bar or any other key and then you should be able to see the available operating systems in order to choose one to boot with the arrows.

@Nikstar I don't think that it's because they don't know how to find the other installs as they've mentioned using instant menu.
I had a similar problem before where the windows install just doesn't show up in the chimera screen.

Dewitts,
You are right , I do not see the option to select windows in the chimera boot screen. Were you able to fix it? what did you do

Thanks

coolindian2 said:
Dewitts,
You are right , I do not see the option to select windows in the chimera boot screen. Were you able to fix it? what did you do

Thanks

No I wasn't, I bought a 2nd drive caddy and kept the installs apart as I found that even when I was able to dual boot occasionally I would try to use windows and the install had 'become corrupt' I think it was due to trying to edit bootloaders but I decided to just keep them seperate so one didn't effect the other.

From what I remember I deleted the partitions on hard drive using an ubuntu live disk (last install became corrupt) and then used disk utility on the mac installer to create 2 partitons (mac and windows) and installed windows 1st as per the instructions.

I have never installed windows 1st until I read the instructions, I'd always installed it after installing Mac (on previous working dual boots). I also had never deleted the partitions using ubuntu before so I think 1 of the above caused the issue.

Personally If I were trying to solve the issue I would delete all partitions and Create 1 partition using the windows install disk, then use osx installer disk utility to change it to 2 partitions in guid format.

I would also try installing osx first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back