Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've installed OS X 10.8 almost an year ago. Then I've updated it to 10.8.5 incrementally. Last year I've upgraded it to 10.9. Couple of days ago I've successfully updated it to 10.9.2. Thanks to you guys.

All these time I didn't have any issues so far. But after updating it to 10.9.2 from 10.9 (not from 10.9.1), I've noticed the brightness doesn't change when I plug/remove the charger. Fn + F2/F3 shows the brightness indicator, but it doesn't have an effect to the brightness. If I start my laptop without connecting it to a charger the brightness of the display stays dim, it doesn't change unless I plug the charger and restart the machine.

I didn't have this issue in the previous versions (10.8.* - 10.9). I've reinstalled the ProBook installer version 6.1.13r3 after updating it to 10.9.2.

Thanks in advance.

I've installed OS X 10.8 almost an year ago. Then I've updated it to 10.8.5 incrementally. Last year I've upgraded it to 10.9. Couple of days ago I've successfully updated it to 10.9.2. Thanks to you guys.

All these time I didn't have any issues so far. But after updating it to 10.9.2 from 10.9 (not from 10.9.1), I've noticed the brightness doesn't change when I plug/remove the charger. Fn + F2/F3 shows the brightness indicator, but it doesn't have an effect to the brightness. If I start my laptop without connecting it to a charger the brightness of the display stays dim, it doesn't change unless I plug the charger and restart the machine.

I didn't have this issue in the previous versions (10.8.* - 10.9). I've reinstalled the ProBook installer version 6.1.13r3 after updating it to 10.9.2.

Thanks in advance.

You need to re-patch DSDT.

You need to re-patch DSDT.
I know I shouldn't ask this. I have no idea how to re-patch it. I thought reinstalling ProBook installer would do it. I can and I should search about it, but I'd really appropriate if you could point me to a thread where this re-patching DSDT mechanism has been discussed.

I know I shouldn't ask this. I have no idea how to re-patch it. I thought reinstalling ProBook installer would do it. I can and I should search about it, but I'd really appropriate if you could point me to a thread where this re-patching DSDT mechanism has been discussed.

Re-patching DSDT is covered in the guide.

I was so busy that I couldn't manage time to work on it earlier. I just re-patched DSDT, and it worked. Thanks a lot. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back