Hi everyone.
I'm testing right now whats working in my new setup

Gigabyte Auros Gaming 5
Intel core i7 8700 Coffee Lake
GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X
3 SSD and 2 HDD.
Wifi TL-WN725N V3
Bluetooth otb

Everything seems to work well on High Sierra 10.13.6 (Clover UEFI) with Nvidia web drivers and CUDA. Sound, Ethernet, etc work just right.
My problem is with USB setup, dsdt patches and usbinjectall.kext.

mb55ugi_172704_800x800-jpg.363114

USB AND PORTS OVERVIEW
With SSDT patched (referring to this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-z370-gaming-5-4k-rx-580-10-13-4-ssdt.250028/) USBINJECTALL.KEXT in S/L/E and EFI, config.plist patched (PMheart 10.13.6), XHCIinjector 300 series kext on EFI partition I've managed to get all usb 3.0 ports working (3 of them in my case), all usb 2.0 working, usb 3.1 port working, bluetooth (it seems to use usb controller) working right, usb 2.0 working.
But with this setup of patches and inject all, I'm not having luck to get USB type C working. In other guides referring to this motherboard no one spended time to care much about that port, but I really need it to be working.

When I plug an external SSD 2.0 tb to USB type C, it seems to work. I can see folders, etc. But when I try to copy something to my internal ssd automatically unmount it and fail. I've tried with type c plugged in before turning on (In case of hot plug problems) with no luck, and really don't now how to patch well SSDT to get type c working and release some other ports that are not of my needs.

Thanks in advanced, CLOVER folder's and config.plist attached.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
The USB-C on this board is just USB 3.1 Gen 2 with a C type connection. For me it works with no configuring at least for my USB sound card but after a few hours the sound becomes choppy this may have been due to the defective CPU I had I have no tested it since. However, what I know about the controller for the "Red Ports" is that it is natively supported under Mac OS meaning you should not need to do anything to make it work. You might try removing the Wifi/BT from the board since they are not truly compatible maybe they are causing some kind of issue with the "red ports" under Mac OS

Edit:

I just went and bought a UBC C Flash drive, pluged it into the red USB-C spot and was transferring files onto it and off of it. I did no extra configuration to make this work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back