Contribute
Register

Problems with USB and Graphics Card after Captain upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have two problems I can't seem to work out after an upgrade to Captain.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP4 TH

First, my front USB ports are not working. These are USB2 ports; the USB3 ports seem to work, but there also seems to be issues with the Sleep function, which I assume is related to the USB problem.

So far I've tried using Kext Wizard to load the GenericUSBxhci and IOUSBfamilyHost. When that didn't work I deleted those and followed the instructions in the Big List thread, installing the FakePCID kexts with clover.

My second problem arose after installing the FakePCIDs, where my graphics card stopped working (I switched the BIOS to internal graphics). Booting with the card, I could only see the top corner of the screen and it was repeatedly flashing.

The only way I was able to get this card working was with some tool I found on another site that relabeled port IDs or something, for a number of different types of cards, but after searching for quite a while I can't seem to find the site where I downloaded the tool.

Graphics Card:
XFX Radeon R9 270X Graphic Card - 1000 MHz Core

Please note that my technical expertise is about intermediate compared to many others around here. Any suggestions you can offer will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Note: after figuring out the graphics issue myself, I moved here for the USB issue.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/el-capitan-usb-issues-possible-fix.172337/page-44#post-1277233

I was able to fix the graphics card (see below). However, my USB ports (except for the set by the Ethernet cable) are not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I notice that GenericUSBxhci is still in my kext folder, which I transferred there from my last installation, but it doesn't seem to be working with Capitan.

I discovered the problem with my graphics card was that when all the items in Clover, under Drivers64UEFI, was selected it seemed to cause the card not to work. The FixDrv items did not create the problem (and I need FixDrv2), but one of the other options was causing the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back