Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Hello
I have managed to get almost everything working.
Except my USB 2.0 which i have not seen any threads on. Most of the threads focus on the USB 3.0 which for me is NEC/Renesas and is working with the GenericUSBXHCI.kext. i have tried the rename EHC1 to EH01/EHC2 to EH02 patch in config.plist.
I have also tried the USBInjectall.kext. I have also tried booting with and without -gux_defer_usb2 flag. All of these arrive at the same result, dead USB 2.0 ports
This problem has prevailed since OS X Yosemite through El Capitan and now Sierra all on the clover bootloader. On Mountain Lion with Chameleon, all of my USB ports worked fine
My IOReg results as well as my DSDT, SSDT and config.plist files are attached to this post
Please let me know if I need to add anything
Thank you very much for any help you are able to provide.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 240
  • IOREGpaviliondv6.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 119
  • DSDT.aml
    50.5 KB · Views: 111
  • SSDT.aml
    788 bytes · Views: 154
Hello
Except my USB 2.0 which i have not seen any threads on. Most of the threads focus on the USB 3.0 which for me is NEC/Renesas and is working with the GenericUSBXHCI.kext. i have tried the rename EHC1 to EH01/EHC2 to EH02 patch in config.plist.
I have also tried the USBInjectall.kext. I have also tried booting with and without -gux_defer_usb2 flag. All of these arrive at the same result, dead USB 2.0 ports
This problem has prevailed since OS X Yosemite through El Capitan and now Sierra all on the clover bootloader. On Mountain Lion with Chameleon, all of my USB ports worked fine
My IOReg results as well as my DSDT, SSDT and config.plist files are attached to this post

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Hello,
Thanks for your reply,
I am trying to build a custom injector as i have tried using USBinjectall which did not work.
However, i am confused because my IOreg looks nothing like the example and i am finding it difficult to determine the ports that are active.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply,
I am trying to build a custom injector as i have tried using USBinjectall which did not work.
However, i am confused because my IOreg looks nothing like the example and i am finding it difficult to determine the ports that are active.

USBInjectAll.kext requires EHCx->EH0x rename.
Read USB guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hello
Let me state my problem again with the required files.
Except my USB 2.0 which i have not seen any threads on. Most of the threads focus on the USB 3.0 which for me is NEC/Renesas and is working with the GenericUSBXHCI.kext. i have tried the rename EHC1 to EH01/EHC2 to EH02 patch in config.plist as well as the USBInjectall.kext. I have also tried booting with and without -gux_defer_usb2 flag. All of these arrive at the same result, dead USB 2.0 ports
The output of
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
My IOReg results as well as my EFI/Clover are compressed and attached to this post

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 95
  • HpPaviliondv6.ioreg.zip
    428.2 KB · Views: 83
  • sudo_touch_output.txt.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 57
Hello
Except my USB 2.0 which i have not seen any threads on. Most of the threads focus on the USB 3.0 which for me is NEC/Renesas and is working with the GenericUSBXHCI.kext. i have tried the rename EHC1 to EH01/EHC2 to EH02 patch in config.plist as well as the USBInjectall.kext. I have also tried booting with and without -gux_defer_usb2 flag. All of these arrive at the same result, dead USB 2.0 ports
The output of
Code:
My IOReg results as well as my EFI/Clover are compressed and attached to this post

Set config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership=true.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
I have just tried your suggestion and the USB 2.0 are still not working and the ioreg is still the same.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
I have just tried your suggestion and the USB 2.0 are still not working and the ioreg is still the same.

Read USB guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hello
i already stated the problem according to the USB solutions thread in post #5 and tried your suggestion which changed nothing
Thanks in advance.
Hello
The output of
Code:

Hello
i already stated the problem according to the USB solutions thread in post #5 and tried your suggestion which changed nothing
Thanks in advance.

A suggestion was made in post #6.
You never provided update files since post #5.
Hence the request in post #8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back