Contribute
Register

Problems with the installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a non-intel USB add on card , you can use the "third party" option.
I think your MoBo may belong to Intel 7-8-9 series , so that seems to be a safe choice
I will leave the port limit alone; won't check it, at least for now.

By the way when you stated in your post
I think it works!
were you referring by "it" to the "Yosemite" you thought you "broke" or the "Sierra" installation you were having problem and wanted to tackle "later"? In a troubleshoot 'pronouns' can be confusing to me especially after two or more different things were discussed previously:). Even if boringly repetitious, I try to use proper names to avoid confusion in posting in the Forum.

Sorry, I try to explain better.

Sierra works, I think so. I installed and it is running now.
I am installing drivers and more things to finished the installation.
Now, I have a problemn with the USB.
USB 2.0 doesnt work, I plug a keyboard and it works. I plug a mouse and it doesnt work. I plug a pen drive and it doesnt work. So, I have to install the drivers by Multibeast and I dont know which choose. I attached a photo with the options. I dont understand what means "7/8/9 Series Motherboard" or "9/100 Series Motherboard". My motherboard is Asrock p67 pro3.

USB 3.0 doesnt work too, so I think I have to install drivers too. What do you think is the best?

And I have another question, I think Clover is my bootloader by default now... It takes many time when I start my PC, I think about 30-40 seconds... is it normal?

Thanks you so much!

Thank you for clarifying that you were finally able to install macOS Sierra on your second HDD and now doing the post install fixing.

I don't have your MoBo and cannot off hand say what Intel Chipset is on it. These numbers are based on the Intel CHIPSET as conceived by Intel. I guess the only sure way to find out is to run Intel Chipset Identification Utility but if my memory serves me right, it runs only in Windows 7 32Bit! Unfortunately MoBO manufacturers don't say what Intel series their boards belong!

I hope RehabMan or other Moderators may be able to answer the question more clearly and coherently for you and me.

If you can download the freeware DPCI Manager, launch and then click the [PCI List] menu you may be able to see the Chipset ID. I just 'guessed' based on it's probable manufacturing period, that it is not a series "9/100". That is why I suggested about choosing those USB options in Multibeast.

You may try to install RehabMan's USB Kext from https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...h7A_XwaQ50NGv2j2hDhG0w&bvm=bv.139782543,d.amc

The best option for you, in my opinion, will be to start a new thread with the "Sierra Post-Install problems" as the subject line.

There is a very important 'house keeping chore' I should point out to you to get maximum help at the fastest pace in this Forum.

Your Profile is not complete. Your current computer hardware is NOT displayed under your log in name and logo. If you look at mine you will be able to see the difference. Please do the needful to update it so that the readers don't have to scroll back to your first post to identify what you are talking about and those who want to help you find everything right in front:)

Good luck!

Thanks you cmn699
I will open a new thread

It was my pleasure to help you. I hope you will be able to enjoy a fully functional macOS Sierra and Windows in dual boot once you are able to fix the remaining glitches in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back