CPU
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.06 GHz
Graphics
ASUS AMD R9 270X 2GB
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, there seems to be a problem with one of the tweaks MultiBeast makes to the operating system after a 10.8.3 update because for some reason after about 30 minutes of using the computer, my computer will just look up, the mouse will keep moving but everything else has just suddenly called in sick for work and I have a slight suspicion it is to do with the OpenCL patch to the retail OS X driver.

The problem can only be described as the old Fermi freeze only with the mouse still moving and with 10.8.3. Right now I'm booted up in Safe Mode and the system doesn't seem to be having any problems, however the other night I got about mid-way through Taken 2 in VLC before the system started derping, but I was able to restart before everything started going bad.

I would try reinstalling OS X and voting not to use the OpenCL patch but right now, I've got videos to do for YouTube. If anyone has any ideas what may be causing it, I'd appreciate some guidance, the Console app doesn't show anything out of the ordinary with the system logs neither.

I also experiencing the same problem with 10.8.3 I am using GTX 560 (non Ti) system freezes only mous pointer moves key bord is ok with caps lock key. some times i forced to use power button to shutdown my pc I returned to 10.8.2 everything now smooth . i am waiting for a solution.

I get the same exact thing with my GTX 550. How i can i go around this issue? I would be a real hassle to reinstall OSX ML because i've got lots of things in this machine. 10.8.2 was so stable it was almost unbelievable and i'm stuck with this crap...

I have a slight suspicion it is to do with the OpenCL patch to the retail OS X driver.

I think that's the issue too.
I mean, who patched the openCL and f***'ed everything was Apple right? If so, they should be fixing it soon right?

It's happening in mac pros too:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1558592

I think we can expect a new update soon.

Checking in to say I'm experiencing the same thing. My card is a GTX 560Ti. I backed up my 10.8.2 kexts, I might try rolling back my IOGraphicsFamily.kext.

dont think it has anything to do with opencl, i too am now having random screen lockup and sbb. i have tried fresh install too. my system, asus p5q and gtx460se was working perfectly with 10.8.2 and with the nvidia drivers, now with 10.8.3 and its built in nvidia driver the problem is here. you can't install the 10.8.2 drivers on 10.8.3 as this causes major crash. also true mac users are starting to have similar lockups with certain models and 10.8.3. time will fix this i am hoping. either one of the very talented hacintosh people or apple. keep your fingers crossed.

Have any of you guys tried the "fix" quoted by Syther on the first post? I haven't booted into OS X since I got hit by this problem, it's annoying too as I swear I'm going to need to in the not to distant future if I'm going to do programming vids on YouTube.

I also have the same problem with 10.8.3 (updating it from fully functional 10.8.2). I tried updating it from the store, from Apple's website. With drivers, without drivers, with Cuda and without it. It's always the same, system crashes because of the graphics card. I'm surprised that there's still no solution to this problem. I guess most people don't care about it since they have never cards that are probably supported natively with this update. But still, it would be good to be able to update my system to 10.8.3.

I have a Hackintosh that I previously built, but when I tried to update it to ML 10.8.3 (using the combo update) and had (seemingly) endless issues.
Hardware:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Intel Q6600 CPU
8GB DDR2 RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 9800
(Using Chameleon Wizard to install Chameleon bootloader to EFI partition)

First it wouldn't boot from the hard drive, no matter what I did, or what bootloader I used. I even rebuilt it using UniBeast with 10.8.3 and MultiBeast 5.3.*I found a post referencing the same problem, but it was for a new system with a UEFI BIOS. Their recomendation was to disable Virtualization Technology, and that worked even on this old system.

After that was resolved and I had the system all configured, I found the App Store "an unknown error has occurred" error. I tried all the previous fixes, including uninstalling all Ethernet adapters, removing WiFi, rebuilding, etc. After far too much time, I discovered this simple fix:

Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist,*add:*
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I sure wish I'd found this sooner, it would have saved me so much time!

(My primary Hackintosh is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7 with Intel Gen3 Core i7-3770k w/32g RAM, and Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 w/4g VRAM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back