Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Install Build

GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.3 - UEFI BIOS
EVGA gtx-680 with UEFI BIOS
16gb ram for testing

Hard Drive 1 - 500gb ssd - OSX/Clover
Hard Drive 2 - 500gb ssd -Windows 10

I had this system up and running with 10.10 in UEFI. To get window to boot I had to exit the clover boot and it would bring up the system reserved and boot windows. The gpu was on a non uefi bios and windows was installed legacy. So I changed things up try and get a true uefi setup.

First thing I did was flash video card and then change bios setup to boot mode Windows 8 with CSM: Never. Secure boot is enabled

Installed windows 10 on a new ssd in slot 0.
Removed windows 10 drive and put in new ssd and used clover USB install from the guide here. I had to setup the USB as UEFI to boot off it. I left secure boot and window 8 on in the bios and was surprised that I was able to boot into the USB and install Yosemite on the blank ssd.

I used the Plistfile and SMBIOS setup I had used successfully before. and use the clover 10.10 install guide from the site. What I had not done in the first build was run the terminal command to change the formate of the efi partition on the boot drive. I did that this go around.

After shutting down connecting windows drive in slot 2 and attempting first reboot, I arrived at root device uuid is....

So I changed bios settings from Windows 8 CMD never to other OS and drive boot UEFI, Secure boot disabled

That led to this when booting with -v https://youtu.be/oIusrp0wfGw
I can see a kext permission issue with fakesmc in the S/L/E, it is also in the efi kext folder.

Attachments

• File Jul 29, 8 59 56 PM.jpg
    File Jul 29, 8 59 56 PM.jpg
    801.6 KB · Views: 83
  • File Jul 29, 9 00 40 PM.jpeg
    File Jul 29, 9 00 40 PM.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 102
  • File Jul 29, 9 01 07 PM.jpeg
    File Jul 29, 9 01 07 PM.jpeg
    876.5 KB · Views: 108
  • File Jul 29, 9 01 31 PM.jpg
    File Jul 29, 9 01 31 PM.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 94
When installing Clover to the HDD/SSD you should not install your kexts in Clover/kexts - you should install them in S/L/E.
If you install Windows with Secure boot enabled in BIOS and then change it to secure boot disables you are going to have problems booting Windows. Windows does not like BIOS changes post install.

I will delete the kexts out of the efi tonight and run permissions in the SLE.

I have yet to be able to get a properly functioning dual boot with CSM off and Safeboot ON. Yosemite does not seem to like Safeboot and windows 8/10 seem to require it to boot properly without a watermark.

Might end up trying to pull safeboot keys from linux to be able to leave it enabled and function with OSX.

-EDIT-

Deleting clover kext and permissions allowed a boot. I shutdown changed safeboot back on and put in safe keys pulled from linux forums, am now able to boot osx with safeboot /windows 8 enabled.

No net connectivity for now with the RealtekRTL8111 kext installed.

Last edited:
So after getting osx to boot successfully a few times, I hooked up the windows 10 drive and booted into that from clover. The windows drive came up fine no issues even with bios changes.

I was even able to change bootmode to "other os" and disable safeboot while keeping the windows install working.

After shutting down and trying to get back into the OSX drive I ran into this panic

http://imgur.com/a/IT0wV

Any ideas what booting into windows is doing to the osx ssd? Seems like it is writing to the efi.

Edit - Disabling Fast startup- re running clover install and adding nullcpu got me back to a predictable boot.

-Still not having any luck getting net working. Networking is fine but no internet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back