Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I finally got and installed the UH10LS20 and it won't see a lot of different discs for writing. Has anyone had any experience with this drive? It's the one Tonymac recommended and it's just not working for me right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to burn some BD-Rs for work.

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH (latest firmware as of 8/30/12)
SanDisk Extreme
SATA 6Gb/s 480GB
Corsair Carbide
500R
32GB Corsair
1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650watt
Mountain Lion 10.8.1

Thanks!

Have you tried:

• Different SATA port (native Intel)
  • Different BluRay software?
  • Firmware upgrade on the drive
  • Have the same issue in Windows?

Have you tried:

• Different SATA port (native Intel)
  • Different BluRay software?
  • Firmware upgrade on the drive
  • Have the same issue in Windows?

Hey Alfa,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried a different SATA port (and the current is native Intel).

I have tried DVD Studio Pro, Toast, and Finder. All have the same issue. Can't write to the discs (with one exception where I was able to write to a specific brand of DVD-r).

Have not upgraded the drive (yet). Will look into that.

Have not yet tried in Windows, but this has happened with a few LG drives that I've tried in the system.

I have a related issue and a question for anyone who has a working blu-ray burner.

I've installed a Pioneer BDR207 internal blu ray burner into my Hackmac. Out of the box it sees CDs, DVDs, recorded Blu rays and blank DVDs fine.

However, if I put in a blank blu ray DL disk, it just spits the disk out.
The disks are cheapo chinese no-name BR-DL blanks.

Question: do you need blu-ray compatible burner software (e.g. Toast) to make the blank disk even stay in the drive? Or do the disks normally stay in (albeit unreadable) so it's likely I have shonky disks?

I have a related issue and a question for anyone who has a working blu-ray burner.

I've installed a Pioneer BDR207 internal blu ray burner into my Hackmac. Out of the box it sees CDs, DVDs, recorded Blu rays and blank DVDs fine.

However, if I put in a blank blu ray DL disk, it just spits the disk out.
The disks are cheapo chinese no-name BR-DL blanks.

Question: do you need blu-ray compatible burner software (e.g. Toast) to make the blank disk even stay in the drive? Or do the disks normally stay in (albeit unreadable) so it's likely I have shonky disks?

I'd certainly try other discs, first. I ended up getting the BDR207 and, so far, it's been working for me. If other discs don't work, then it could be the drive. What are your system specs?

Yeah, thanks for that. Figured that one out a while ago. Silly mistake. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back