Hi,
I have this computer

Core i7 2600k
Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3
RAM 4GB
HDD 1TB
Graphic Card integrated GPU Intel HD 3000
External DVD Writer

My problem is when i try to run iboot it doesn't appears the image to press f5 and install the Macos. Do you know what's the problem?

Thank you very much,

hey man if your not getting any image appear at all on your screen when rebooting with iboot in drive and you know bios is set to boot from cd rom these are the steps i would take.
1 confirm you have burnt disc as an iso image and not a data cd.
2 make sure your external drive is recognised in bios.
3 check that your drive is actually reading discs properly by putting a windows or linux cd/dvd in etc etc.
4 try those first...

or if u meant that when you swap iboot for retail snow leopard you dont see anything but iboot and your partition and press f5 and nothing else appears,just try rebooting with iboot several times and repeat process.
all or any of above should give you a indication as to why not.
if you have no luck reply with other details.

Hi,

i try all that you say but iboot don't run. The external cd is ok (i install windows without problems), all the configuration is ok. But i don't know it doesn't appear anything. This iboot cd i try in other computer and runs ok. Can be the problem the external drive?

Check your manual for the correct key (probably F12) to hit during the BIOS post to select a device to boot from, then select your specific external DVD-RW to boot from.

The external drive detect and run iboot but not appears this screen.

Sorry for my english and thank you very much

Attachments

• iBoot.jpg
    iBoot.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 199
Now i try with iBoot Legacy and say me this message:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Anval v5.1.4 rt09
Build Date: 2011-01-21
2000 MB memory
Vesa V3.0 63MB(Intel (R) Sandybridge Desktop graphics chipsete Accelertade Vga bios

And show me the OS installed Windows. When it finish i put Snow leopard dvd pres f5 and show me Missing bootmgr
Press Ctrl alt supr

I don't know what's the problem. Anyone can help me?

Thank you very much

hi again well my next piece of advice to you then is as follows.....
your iboot seems to me as its working as it should so i think your problem may be this...
on SOME PCs after you are at the screen in the shot you swap discs over without touching any keys ,and wait until the external cd/dvd drives [ light ] goes out before you press f5
because if you press f5 too soon your drive will not have been given enough time to register the snow leopard retail disc ..[it should not take any more than 15 seconds on any optical drive for that light to go out.]..if nothing i have said to you is working
[set your bios to boot from usb] because [essentially that is what your external drive is.] some external drives only get recognised in bios as usb device....

Hi hardmantosh,

Thank you for your help. Finally i install internal dvd and all is ok. One question do you know how configure Intel hd 3000 with Mac OS Snow Leopard? Because i try to use chimera 1.5.3 but not configure.

Thank you very much

cheperun said:
Hi hardmantosh,

Thank you for your help. Finally i install internal dvd and all is ok. One question do you know how configure Intel hd 3000 with Mac OS Snow Leopard? Because i try to use chimera 1.5.3 but not configure.

Thank you very much

Intel HD 3000 only works on Mac OS X Lion. You have to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back