i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

Apologies for being a first-time posted but I finally decided to pull the plaster off and try doing Hackintosh (for reference I make music with Logic Pro, hence no dedi GPU)

I have a Gigabyte Z370XP SLI rev 1.0 mobo and the i7 8700k processor. Installation is on a M.2 SSD (Samsung Evo).

I've tried running the -x boot command to see if that would help but no luck. I've tried booting in safe mode, and trying to re-install osx from scratch via my unibeast USB (this no longer installs as it did originally.

All of these problems began when I ran multibeast for the first time. Before that the installation had worked ok and I was on the OSX desktop.

I have attached some 'ghetto screenshots' that I took on my iphone of the verbose logs.

Any help that you can give would be SO much appreciated :)

Many thanks,

Ben

Attachments

• Verbose.jpg
    Verbose.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 66
Serial.png

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

now I'm stuck on this screen:
Boot with -disablegfxfirmware or add -disablegfxfirmware boot flag to the EFI partition /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

All of these problems began when I ran multibeast for the first time. Before that the installation had worked ok and I was on the OSX desktop.

If you are still able to boot from the USB :

Start with the computer powered off.
Insert your USB installer.
Power on the computer and press your boot menu key - Usually F12 but YMMV.
At the boot menu screen select your USB flash drive as the boot device and boot.
At the Clover menu screen select your hard drive and boot.
When you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Thanks again Pilgrim, I'll try this now and come back to report on any success I might have :)

Fresh install and I'm back and stuck again, here's the verbose log, any ideas what's happening that's stopping it from booting properly?

I can't get past this log in order to get to the desktop and follow your other instructions :(

Thank you for your help so far!

Attachments

• Verbose 3.jpg
    Verbose 3.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back