970 Gtx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good Day

I've decided to give OS x (10.11.3) a try, instead of ubuntu.
My former setup was a dualboot with windows 10 and ubuntu.
Now that i've succesfully installed OS x on my 2nd ssd (where ubuntu used to be), i'm running into the issue of not being able to boot through clover. (Following the installation guide on frontpage)
Instead the grub rescue mode comes up..
I have wiped the whole disk twice and it still seems to be around..
Also when checking the boot order it seeems there is a grub partition on the windows drive as well.
But I am able to boot through the windows boot loader, no problem.
When unplugging the windows ssd and trying to boot from the OS x ssd is when the grub rescue mode screen comes up.
How can I make booting from ssd to OS x work?
Edit:
I tried to mount the EFI partition and delete the Ubuntu folder but there was none.
Edit 2:
I have unplugged my data hdd as well now. It seems like there was a grub loader on every disk..
Now that I only have the OS x drive plugged in, the motherboard tells me to choose a proper boot device and reboot. So it seems to be incapable of booting from the installed clover boot loader.
Edit 3:
Mac OS x (UEFI) appears in the boot order section of my bios.
Edit 4:
After switching from UEFI & Legacy to only UEFI it just enters the BIOS without a message.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Much appreciated

Cheers
Durgolias

Inable to boot from Clover on System Drive (Without USB)

I have now tried reinstalling the whole OS.
Like so: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

(Incl. Installation of clover with multibeast)

Then I tried to fix the inability of booting off of the drive by copying the content of the EFI dir on the USB to the EFI dir on the system drive like so:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-capitan-install-problems.html#CategoryClover

Now this still results in the system not booting and instead heading straight into BIOS. When choosing OS X as boot device it just resets and enters BIOS again.

Not sure what to try next as none of the found fixes have worked so far..

Anyone any advice?

Edit: The OS X disk utility shows no EFI partition on the drive, which might be the issue?

Cheers

Anyone any advice?

Edit: The OS X disk utility shows no EFI partition on the drive, which might be the issue?

Cheers
Disk Utility will not show the EFI partition. Open Terminal and type

diskutil list

and hit enter. This will show all of the partitions on your drive.

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *250.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS El Capitan 249.2 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3

I get this for my System drive.
Looks fine to me?

What else could there be wrong with clover that I could try and fix?
I don't think it has to be at the root of my drive. It says in the installation guide to skip to step six if you have to have the boot loader in the root of the disk. But I do not think that's the case for the sabertooth z77 or is it?
I'm out of ideas what I could do to fix it..

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

I solved the issue..
The problem was with the asus sabertooth z77's firmware which was not updated.
Now that I've updated the firmware and set all the options correctly clover works as expected.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back